|Personal Details Summary|
|Age / How old / Birthday / Date of Birth / DOB||Born in November 1980. As of 2023, she is around 43 years old.|
|Parents||Ricky Robinson (father) and Sheila Cruz Woodson (mother)|
|Wedding & Marriage / Husband / Engaged / Spouse / Partner||Married. Check the full bio for relationship details.|
|Children / No. of Kids||2|
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race||She is of mixed ethnicity. One of her parents (dad) is Black & the other (mom) is Mexican.|
Shyann Malone is an American news anchor and reporter, currently working as a fill-in anchor for HLN at the CNN center in Atlanta.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Shyann was born in Kalamazoo, Michigan.
- Since July 2007, Shyann is married to former NCAA athlete, Mike Malone. The couple has two children – a young daughter together named Journey Lee Malone (born on February 7, 2018) and a son Prince Michael Malone (born on February 27, 2020).
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Shyann attended the Portage Northern High School in Portage, Michigan.
- After high school, she went on to further her education at Bowling Green State University in Ohio & earned her Bachelor of Arts, majoring in Communications.
- She was also heavily involved in the sporting societies at her university, excelling on the Division I women’s volleyball team.
Career, Job, Salary and Net worth :
- After graduation, Shyann relocated to Atlanta, where she entered the world of pharmaceutical sales. While she may have had the gift of the gab, the sales sector was not too fulfilling enough for her.
- Motivated to follow her passion for working in Broadcast Journalism, she changed her industry & was fortunate enough to secure a position at WSB-TV, an ABC affiliate in Atlanta, as a reporting intern.
- Shayann has also worked for WACH, a Fox-affiliate in South Carolina. She was the evening weekend anchor and did reporting during the week.
- Shyann’s next venture was becoming the news anchor and reporter for WTSP-TV, in Tampa Florida.
- From 2015 to 2018, Malone was the news anchor and reporter for WPLG Local 10 News, an ABC-affiliate in Miami. She had joined the team as a weekend anchor & usually did the news reports at 4 pm, 5 pm, and 6 pm during weekdays.
- In late 2018, Shyann eventually headed to Atlanta to join CNN’s HLN team. She mainly serves as a fill-in host for Weekend Express & also contributes to HLN’s other weekday programming as a freelance anchor.
- She even posted a #10YearChallenge photo, showing her transformation from a Pharma sales rep in 2007 to a successful anchor in 2017.
Fun Facts and Trivia :
- While interning for WSB-TV, Shyann reported the story of the great flood of the Mississippi River, which forced thousands to evacuate their homes, which made the national headlines.
- At WACH, Malone was able to cover a diverse range of stories, including aspects to do with politics as well as the military.
- Outside of work, Shyann adores spending time with her husband and dogs.
- She likes playing beach volleyball, doing physical activities, working out, trying new eateries, relaxing at the beach, watching professional sports, shopping, and meeting new people.
- Shyann is also known for her volunteer work, mentoring the local community youth, as well as emceeing local events.
- She was able to cover on 2018’s Super Bowl, which she was extremely excited about.