Shyann Malone is an American news anchor and reporter, currently working as a fill-in anchor for HLN at the CNN center in Atlanta.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Shyann was born in Kalamazoo, Michigan.
- Married to Mike Malone since 2007, the couple has a young daughter together named Journey (born in early 2018).
Early Life & Education :
- Shyann attended the Portage Northern High School in Michigan.
- After high school, she went on to further her education at Bowling Green State University in Ohio & received her Bachelor of Arts in ‘Communications.’
- She was also heavily involved in the sporting societies at her University, excelling on the Division I women’s volleyball team.
Job, Salary & Net Worth :
- After graduation, Shyann relocated to Atlanta, where she entered the world of pharmaceutical sales. While she may have had the gift of the gab, the sales sector was not too fulfilling enough for her.
- Motivated to follow her passion working in Broadcast Journalism, she changed her industry & was fortunate enough to secure a position at WSB-TV, an ABC affiliate in Atlanta, as a reporting intern.
- Shayann has also worked for WACH, a Fox-affiliate in South Carolina. She was the evening weekend anchor and did reporting during the week.
- Shyann’s next venture was becoming the news anchor and reporter for WTSP-TV, in Tampa Florida.
- From 2015 to 2018, Malone was the news anchor and reporter for WPLG Local 10 News, an ABC-affiliate in Miami. She had joined the team as a weekend anchor & usually did the news reports at 4 pm, 5 pm, and 6 pm during weekdays.
- In late 2018, Shyann eventually headed to Atlanta to join CNN’s HLN team. She mainly serves as a fill-in host for Weekend Express, & also contributes to HLN’s other weekday programming as a freelance anchor.
- She even posted a #10YearChallenge photo, showing her transformation from a Pharma sales rep in 2007 to a successful anchor in 2017.
Fun Facts & Trivia :
- While interning for WSB-TV, Shyann reported the story of the great flood of the Mississippi River, which forced thousands to evacuate their homes, which made the national headlines.
- At WACH, Malone was able to cover a diverse range of stories, including aspects to do with politics as well as the military.
- Outside of work, Shyann adores spending time with her husband and dogs.
- She likes playing beach volleyball, doing physical activities, working out, trying new eateries, relaxing at the beach, watching professional sports, shopping, and meeting new people.
- Shyann is also known for her volunteer work, mentoring the local community youth, as well as emceeing local events.
- She was able to cover on 2018’s Super Bowl, which she was extremely excited about.
- Eye Color : Brown
- Hair Color : Black
- How tall is Shyann Malone Height : 5′ 6″
- Feet / Legs / Shoe Size : No confirmed information available.
- Pregnant ? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
- Married? : Yes
- Children / No of Kids : –
- Shyann Malone Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : She is of mixed ethnicity. One of her parents is Black & the other is Mexican.
- Shyann Malone Nationality : American