Wiki Biography / Profile Background
- Laurie Jennings, a woman with dark hair and a sweet, distinct smile, was a long-term reporter and co-anchor for WPLG Local 10 News, an ABC-affiliate station based in South Florida.
- During her 30-plus-long-year career, Laurie has won six Emmy Awards for her work as a TV news anchor and reporter.
- Besides anchoring and covering local TV news, she is also a mentor and motivational speaker.
- Jennings has been active in the South Florida community for quite some time and continues to do volunteer work whenever she can. She has covered many notable events and is proud to call South Florida her home.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Laurie moved to South Florida in 1998 and continues to live there with her husband, Josh Salman, and two young twin boys, Luke and Jake.
- Her boys, who were born in 2006, were “microbabies” – meaning they were extremely premature and weighed no more than a pound each at birth.
- Their survivals were a miracle, and Jennings became involved with the organization March of Dimes (an organization working to improve the health of mothers and babies) afterward. She continues to host annual charity events each year.
- Aside from March of Dimes, she also volunteers with the Community Partnership for Homeless and local children’s hospitals, including Holtz Children’s Hospital and Baptist Children’s Hospital.
- Laurie also has a sister, who is a science major.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Jennings had always felt well-educated about her family’s past, but it wasn’t until they completed a genealogy tree that she realized her true ancestry.
- She came to know that she is 60 percent British, 16 percent Scandinavian, and only 13 percent Irish. The Scandinavian part was a surprise for her!
- The Jennings family can be traced all the way back to Britain in the 1300s. Her relatives were part of the second successful colony in what is now the US, and that old colonial home—one of the first wooden buildings in the US—is still standing.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- High school had passed easily for Jennings, a bright student who knew how to study. Her academic efforts got her into Cornell University, an Ivy League College with great business and communications programs.
- She eventually graduated from Cornell with a political science degree and high honors.
- She continued her education immediately by attending Northwestern University. There, she graduated from the Medill School of Journalism with her master’s degree.
Career, Income, Salary and Net worth :
Awards and Main Stories :
- Jennings’s news career has been quite successful. Over the years, she has earned three Emmys for her work and has reported on stories such as John F. Kennedy Jr.’s memorial service and the first anniversary of the 9/11 attacks on Ground Zero.
Professional Timeline :
- Jennings began her career in Youngstown, Ohio, where she worked as an anchor and reporter for WKBN-TV, a local news station in the area.
- She then moved to Cleveland, Ohio, to work for WJW-TV. There, Jennings was an anchor and specials unit reporter, meaning she reported on priority topics.
- After five years of working for WJW-TV, she moved to Boston, Massachusetts, and was a morning anchor and general reporter for WHDH-TV.
- Eventually, she made her way down to Florida, where she took a co-anchor position in Miami for WSVN-TV.
- After five years in Miami, Laurie anchored at the network level for MSNBC for one year. Eventually, in October 2004, she moved back down to Florida to take her position at Local 10 News. She ultimately left WPLG in April 2019, to care for her ageing parents.
Shyann Malone【 Bio Wiki 】Husband, Baby, Height, Age, Net worth
Jennifer Correa Wikipedia, Age, Married, Husband, Weather【 Bio 】Son
Jacey Birch Wikipedia, Age, Married, Biography, WPLG Wiki, Baby, Bio
Samantha Bryant Wiki, Age, Bio, WPLG, Parents, Salary, Net worth
Nicole Perez Channel 10 WPLG, Age ( Wikipedia Bio ) Husband, Wedding
Wondering if Stacey still does your hair? And where is she now? I just moved back here and can’t find her. Thank you.
Still enjoy your occasional announcements on Channel 10. Surprised to see your early days in Youngstown. My uncle John cheapskate was part owner of WBBW. After graduation from YSU, my wife and I moved to South Florida in 1963.
After over 50 years in Florida, we moved to our summer home each spring in the NE Georgia mountains. Glad to hear that you are still with us in South Florida with your beautiful family.
God bless you in all your future endeavors.
Laurie, I have missed you since you left WKBN in Youngstown Ohio several years ago! You were the best!
No one currently at local 10 can fill laurie Jennings shoes. You and Calvin Hughe’s are or were the best in Miami hands down. I will missed you and those beautiful eyes. I always said magazines needed to look at ordinary people for the most beautiful and they would have found you and put you on the cover. Enjoy your new endeavors
Laurie, you will be truly missed, Good luck on your new Journey. I always look for you and Calvin Hughes for the best new caster you were always with a gentle smile. God Bless you and your family. Linda, Newton.
Laurie, you will be missed! It’s not going to be the same! Good luck to you and your family! Will miss your smiling face. Thank you for all you have done for the community. God bless you always. MARIANA C SANCHEZ
Laurie, you and Calvin were the perfect team. You both exuded sincerity and warmth. I will miss you and feel no one can fill your shoes. Good luck to you and your family and always remember how many lives you touched lovingly.
JUST APPRECIATE YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO LOCAL 10, LAURIE! SMART, ARTICULATE, AMIABLE, EASY TO WATCH…MANAGEMENT SHOULD HAVE YOU SELECT YOUR REPLACEMENT. I’D ALSO LOVE TO SERVE ON THAT COMMITTEE. WPLG HAS BEEN my BABY FOR DECADES.
YOU AND CALVIN WERE THE BEST DUO I’VE SEEN IN A VERY LONG TIME. And NOW THAT YOU’RE LEAVING US…
Wishing you and your family the best.
We have a miracle son also. 2 lbs and 11 oz.
He just turned 24.
Once again congratulations.
Laurie Jennings is the whole package and was a pleasure to watch her and Calvin deliver the news each evening. It is hard for the audience to understand that you can’t work forever doing the great job you did so I simply say “May you enjoy all the moments you gave up serving the public through news broadcasts and public events and might I add Thank you Laurie Jennings- you are a class act!” God Bless you “retirement”!