Profile Background / Wikipedia Information
- Michelle Hope is an American sexologist and author, creator and leader of “MHSexpert,” a platform that provides sexual education, advice and medical information.
- Hope’s mission is to educate individuals about sexuality and sexual health from a young age as well as help people identify how sexuality is impacting their everyday lives.
- She was born in the United States and currently resides in New York City.
- Hope attended the Pacific Oaks College, from where she got a Bachelor of Arts in Human Development, Family Studies, and Related Services. Later, she got a Master of Arts in Human Development and Family Studies.
Job & Work Summary :
- Michelle is the principal consultant at the business that carries her name, “MHSexpert,” which combines up-to-date medically accurate information and a non-judgmental approach infused with pop-culture real-life applications to educate the masses on human sexuality.
- Since 2014, she has been the Reproductive Health Coordinator at Harlem Children’s Zone, and before that she was the Entertainment Coordinator at Bond Street Group.
- In 2018 she published a book called The Girl’s Guide to Sex Education.
- Michelle is also an original member of “Women of SexTech,” an inclusive community of sex-positive women who strive to change the sex tech industry.
- She has been featured on many media platforms & shows such as NewsOne with Roland Martin, The Amber Rose show and The Breakfast Club.
Training & Speaking Commitments :
- Michelle defines herself as an “edutainer,” and ensures she enjoys combining her love for pop-culture, entertainment, and sexuality into opportunities that educate and motivate.
- Hope has more than 10 years of experience in human development and through the new technologies she applies and her ability to communicate, she has been able to reach thousands of people, surpassing different social identities, such as race, class, gender and sexual orientation.
- She has experience as a speaker, having delivered lectures across the United States for more than 15 years. In those, the main topic was helping contemporary urban professionals understand sexuality in the 21st Century, and make connections in their pursuit of success.
- In 2016 she gave a presentation about safe sex under the name “SexyEd 101” in the Student Union Ballroom.
- Her readers and listeners are often amazed by how she treats such a taboo topic as sexuality. They “like how she uses humor to make the presentation topics comfortable but always brings it back to the serious topic,” say students that have been to her lectures.
- Michelle is a technology enthusiast. In 2014, she gave a class at Woodale High School in Memphis and used an iPad to record and study what happened in the room. Later, she was interviewed by NBC-TV, she quoted “this not only helps her evaluate her teaching methods but also it helps her students get more involved in classroom activities.”
- She has plenty of teaching experience in front of classrooms, as she is an English teacher and has served on a Summer Writing Institute.