|Personal Details Summary|
|Birthday / How old is Valerie Parr Hill Age / Date of Birth / DOB||April 25, 1958. As of 2021, she is around 63 years old.|
|Marriage & Wedding / Husband / Partner||Married. See below for more details.|
|Who is Valerie Parr’s Husband?||Valarie’s husband’s name is William Hill.|
|Children / No. of Kids||2|
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race||White|
Biography Profile / Wiki Information
- Valerie Parr Hill is an American TV personality, best known for her work as a host on QVC, one of TV’s biggest shopping networks. She has completed close to three decades at the network.
- She is also a businesswoman, a published author, and a former public servant.
Parents & Family Background :
- Valerie is originally from Rochester, Minnesota, and was born on April 25, 1958.
- Her parents are the late Dr. Eugene Q. Parr and late Joan Lykins Parr. Her father was an orthopedic surgeon (passed away in 2019). Dr. Eugene was completing his residency at the Mayo Clinic at the time of Valerie’s birth.
- Valerie’s late mother was a teacher by profession who also taught at the Immanuel Baptist Church Sunday School until she passed away.
- The youngest among her siblings, Valerie, has two brothers – Eugene Parr Jr and Jeffrey W. Parr. Eugene is the Baptist Campus Minister for Morehead State University, while Jeff followed in his father’s footsteps, becoming an orthopedic surgeon.
Married Life :
- For over three decades, Valerie is married to her husband, William Hill, who is originally from Long Island. The couple met they were both students at Wheaton College. They have been married since September 1985.
- Valerie has two sons with William Hill: Gene ColyerHill (born in 1993) and Jeffrey Hill (born in 1995). Gene was just six months old when Valerie debuted in 1993 on QVC! The boys are named after Valerie’s brothers.
- Gene is a history teacher, and Jeffrey studied economics.
- Which State / Where does Valerie Parr Hill live? : Valerie raised her family in Montville, New Jersey. She and her husband continue to reside there.
Early Life & Education :
- When Valerie was three years old, her family moved to Lexington, Kentucky, where she was raised. She attended Glendover Elementary School, followed by Tates Creek High School, which she graduated from in 1975.
- She was the winner of ‘Junior Miss Fayette County Pageant’ in 1974 and also won the state beauty pageant. She even competed at the national level and was second runner-up. Her talent was playing a piano piece from Rhapsody in Blue, showcasing her skill for the instrument.
- Quite active in extra-curricular activities in high school, Valerie participated in the student council, pep club, and chorus.
- Later, from 1975 until 1979, Valerie attended Asbury College in Wilmore, Kentucky. She initially studied a piano performance major but ultimately got a degree in Speech and Secondary Education.
- She then earned a Master’s degree from Wheaton College in Illinois, later followed by a stint studying non-profit marketing at the Kellogg School of Management – Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois.
Valerie Parr Hill Net Worth, Collection & TV Career :
- Valerie started out as a public servant in the 1980s after graduation, at the same time fundraising for higher education, wildlife protection, and fine arts institutions.
- She was passionate about hospitality, and following her passion, began designing decorative home ornaments to be sold.
- Parr set up her own company called The Valerie Parr Company in 1991.
- A career-turning point for Valerie came in when she made contact with QVC while she was representing wreath sellers. QVC became interested and gave her screen time to present the wreaths.
- She had her first appearance on QVC in September 1993, on the show Decorating with Wreaths. The show was then hosted by Jane Treacy. She signed on an exclusive partnership with QVC in 1996 and continues to be one of the most successful home décor hosts.
- In October 2000, she published her own book about home décor called Decorating for the Holidays.
- Parr Hill has also been seen on other QVC shows such as Heartfelt Homes, Heartfelt Holidays and Home Fragrances. Her take on interior design is to create a warm and welcoming environment for homes, making her décor very popular for family homes and festive seasons.
Interesting Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Valerie is a member of the board of trustees at Asbury University.
- She has learned to play the piano under Nancie Field.
- Her high school friends recall Valerie as an extremely kind person who would sincerely wish people down the hallway to have a nice day.
- She states that though QVC is a much bigger, global company than when she joined, it still has a wonderful sense of family, filled with warm and personable team members.