Lisa Oldfield is a television celebrity starring in the reality series The Real Housewives of Sydney. Since joining the show, Lisa has been known to make many headlines, sparking up many comments from critics.
Family Background, Marriage & Education :
- Lisa was born on January 16, 1975, in Sydney, New South Wales.
- Lisa Oldfield Maiden Name : Lisa Michelle Johnston.
- Since October 13, 2001, Lisa is married to David Oldfield, a former Australian politician & co-founder of One Nation NSW party.
- They have two children together – Henry (nicknamed Harry, born in 2011) & Albert (nicknamed Bertie, born in 2013).
- They currently reside in Sydney’s Northern Beaches.
- Lisa attended the SCECGS Redlands, an independent, co-educational day school in Cremorne, New South Wales.
- Education : She graduated from the University of Technology Sydney (UTS) with a Bachelor’s degree in Business and Marketing in 1998.
Reality TV Career & Other Controversies :
- Lisa underwent serious surgery in August 2016 after she complained about numbness in one of her arms.
- Lisa is known as an alcoholic and was criticised in the media, among her co-stars and by her own husband for drinking too much.
- She did give up alcohol for ten months in an effort to lose weight and regain her health but started gaining again because she claimed she was under stress from her co-stars.
- Mrs. Oldfield also invented a cocktail named ‘The Lisalockstail’ to help with her abstinence from alcohol, which is based on orange juice, grapefruit juice and Australian bitters (which contains a minute amount of alcohol).
- She revealed that cancer has truly affected her life as she nearly lost her father to prostate cancer & her best friend is battling breast cancer.
- Mrs. Oldfield admits that although she does not care much for media critics, she is upset by negative remarks on her parenting style.
- She was recorded to scold her 4-year-old, calling him a “d**khead,” with which he retorted back “, bloody f—ing idiot.”
Business Career & Charity Work Outside of TV :
- Lisa began work as a Sales Director at Billback Systems since 1996 while she was still in university. She continued working there after graduation until 2007.
- She then changed jobs to Thomson Reuters as a Sales Manager.
- 4 years later, Lisa found a job at IntraLinks as a Senior Sales Executive. She was there until 2014.
- DocuSign then hired her as a Senior Consultant. The company was one of the pioneers of electronic signature technology. In 2015, she was promoted to Enterprise Account Director and is currently employed there.
- Lisa also joined InfoTrack Pty Ltd in 2016 to become a Business Development Manager and left a year later.
- Aside from her job at DocuSign, Lisa is also the General Manager of Business Development for the Australian Egg Bank.
- Despite her busy career, Lisa also avidly volunteers for Monika’s Doggie Rescue, a charity that rescues & helps in cleaning of stray dogs.
- She also did catering for the NSW Rural Fire Service during the 2014 bushfires in NSW.
Interesting Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Lisa was a former co-host of The Catch-Up which used to air on Channel 9.
- She describes her ancestral roots as “21% Native American.”