Victoria Rees is an Australian reality TV star, most known for her appearance on the Real Housewives of Sydney. She was born on March 8, 1964, in Sydney.
Personal Life : Family and Education
- Victoria has been married and divorced twice.
- Her son Austin was born in September 2003 when she was with her second husband.
- Rees revealed in an interview that she had once found one of her girlfriends sleeping with one of her husbands in her own home while she was asleep upstairs .
- Parents : Victoria never knew much about her father Duncan Slater, and she lost her mother Gail Anne to cancer in 2001. The news of her mother’s death affected her grandmother, and she too died of a heart attack shortly thereafter.
- Victoria attended the Sydney College of the Arts (SCA) to study Interior Decoration.
- Years later, she went back to college and got her Real Estate License.
Career, Job, Salary & Net worth :
- After school, Victoria ended up working in fashion. A lot of her friends worked in the fashion industry & so she too got the opportunity to intern for Anna Harvey, the Fashion Director of British Vogue as her assistant.
- She then moved to the fashion department of the PR Company Lynne Franks PR.
- Victoria returned home to Australia in the early ’90s in order to get back on track with her original career goals.
- She decided that real estate was a good way to combine her interior design knowledge with her family’s large property portfolio.
- During her time as a real estate agent / interior designer, she established and operated two different businesses.
- In 1994, she opened ‘SQUEEZE’, a juice and health food bar on Bondi Beach, but sold it after eighteen months.
- Then, in 2012, she opened a beauty salon called ‘Lash & Lacquer – The Finishing Touches’ to combine services such as nails, eyelash extensions, spray tan and makeup. However, she also sold this after one year.
- Throughout Rees’ marriages & company startups, she continued with her interior design business by referral.
- Then, in 2015, she met Gabrielle Requena, who had just developed and launched ‘Wrinkles Schminkles’, a beauty product line for older women consisting of smoothing kits for various parts of the body like eyes, neck, hands, and chest. She tried the products and immediately loved them, so she decided to get involved with the business.
- In April 2016, she was invited to join the cast of the first season of the Real Housewives of Sydney, where she made her mark on reality TV.
- Rees launched her new website in 2017, where she sells ‘Wrinkles Schminkles’ products as well as other merchandise such as t-shirts, aprons, and jackets that feature her signature sayings.
Awards, Height & Trivia :
- Victoria is one of the only single ‘housewives’ on her show. In 2017, she was furious with the show’s producers because they accidentally leaked her house address.
- In an interview, Victoria had mentioned that once one of her girlfriends slept with her husband, while she was sleeping upstairs!
- Rees is very open and vocal about her support for LGBT rights. She also participated in a marriage equality march with friends in September 2017 & also shared her positive response on a survey supporting same-sex marriage equality on social media.
- She has a dog, a Staffordshire terrier, named Lola.
- In the past, Victoria has been referred to as ‘Bondi’s first lady.’
- 2001 was a hard year for Rees. She lost several members of her family – her mother Gail, her grandmother Florence (on account of heart attack, shortly after her mother passed) & then one of her close friends Arkie (on account of cancer). Her first marriage also ended that year!