|Personal Details Summary|
|Age / How old / Birthday / Date of Birth / DOB||August 6, 1964. As of 2023, she is around 59 years old.|
|Wedding & Marriage / Husband / Engaged / Spouse / Partner||Check the full bio for relationship details.|
|Children / No. of Kids||5|
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race||White|
|Are Peggy and Patsy twins?||Peggy Lynn and Patsy Lynn are twin sisters who perform country music together.|
Patsy Lynn, also known as Patsy Lynn Russell, is an American country singer from a family of country music royalty. She has also performed as a TV actress in several shows.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Patsy Eileen Lynn was born on August 6, 1964, in Hurricane Mills, Tennessee, alongside her identical twin sister Peggy Lynn, to parents Loretta Lynn (mother) and Oliver Vanetta ‘Doolittle’ Lynn (father).
- She was named after one of her mother’s greatest friends, music legend Patsy Cline!
- The twins were the youngest of six children. The other family siblings are Betty Sue Lynn, Jack Benny Lynn, Cissie Lynn, and Ernest Ray Lynn.
- She is also related to yet another country music icon, her aunt, Crystal Gayle.
- Patsy grew up on her mother’s ranch in Hurricane Mills. She attended public school and worked on the ranch while growing up.
- She also joined her mother on the road growing up, spending around 300 days on tour and getting to see exactly the amount of work that career entailed.
Marriage and Children :
- Patsy got married for the first time at the age of 16.
- By the time she was 30, she had divorced twice and already had three children: Darren, 36, Megan, 34, and Anthony, 32 (ages as of 2021). Since then, she went on to have two more children.
- Her third marriage was to Phillip Russell on February 14, 1998. Luckily, this has been her most long-lasting one, carrying on to the present. The couple celebrated their 20th wedding anniversary in 2018.
Music Career and Net Worth :
- Patsy embarked on a solo singing career in the 1980s, crediting artist Patty Loveless and her own family’s craft as the inspirations that led her onto that path.
- Later, in the early 1990s, she started singing along with her twin Peggy on their mother’s tour.
- The twins then decided to form a band together in 1996, and they started working in Nashville.
- Initially known as the Honk-A-Billies to preserve their anonymity, the sisters started performing at the iconic Tootsie’s Orchid Lounge.
- They then had a meeting with Warner Brothers Records, and were signed by them to produce two albums, now as The Lynns.
- They reached the top 20 with their song ‘Woman to Woman,’ which they co-wrote, and were also nominated for the CMA Awards in 1998 and 1999 under the category of Vocal Duo of the Year.
- Patsy then followed her passion offstage and delved fully into the world of production, stating that she much prefers being in the studio to performing.
- She has since produced over a hundred of Loretta Lynn’s songs, as well as co-producing her latest album, ‘Wouldn’t It Be Great.’
Fun Facts, Height and Trivia :
- Patsy loves going to the Bahamas for holidays.
- She still resides in Hurricane Mills, Tennessee, sharing a house with her husband & her dogs.
- She enjoys the Netflix show House of Cards.
- Patsy has also participated in a documentary on her mother’s life, ‘American Masters: Loretta Lynn: Still a Mountain Girl.’