Lani Hammett (maiden name Lani Gruttadauro) is the second wife of Kirk Hammett, who is the lead guitarist for the heavy metal band Metallica.
Personal Life : Parents, Family and Education
- Lani is from Hawaii and was born on April 1, 1972.
- She has a sister Carmella Gruttadauro. She is related to Andrew Gruttadauro and Salvatore Gruttadauro. It is not clear how they are related to each other.
- She has been married to Kirk since 31 January 1998 after two years of dating. They have two sons, Angel Ray Keala Hammett born on September 29, 2006; and Vincenzo Kainalu Hammett born on 28 June 2006.
- Before Lani, Kirk was married to Rebecca for four years. They divorced in 1990.
- Her mother in-law is Chefela Hammett, who is a Filipino.
Gossip & Rumors of How they Met :
- As per one rumor, Kirk & Lani met when Lani was working as an undertaker, and she brought him to watch an autopsy in a morgue. Kirk claims that because of that, he knew that she was the woman for him. It was one of her first dates with him.
- There was gossip claiming that Lani used to be a bartender and a “scenester” and that he pursued her for a while before they got together.
- Another rumor claims that they met at a gay bar, and some said she was an artist.
- More hearsays talk about them going to s*x clubs together with a third party playing the s*x slave.
- Some rumors say that Lani proposed to Kirk in a restaurant, and he subsequently cried out of joy.
Interesting Facts, Height, Body & Looks :
- Lani’s body build is slim and she has black hair and dark brown eyes.
- She has elaborate tattoos on her left arm. Her husband sometimes tattoos her.
- A fan of pets, she has dogs Darla and Hoku and some cats.
- She is currently based in the Bay Area in San Francisco with her husband and family.
- While they were residing in North California, Lani and her friend Era Balestrieri used to work on leather projects from animals from the hills. They wore clothes made of skins, hides, feathers, and antlers. They debuted Kirk’s own line of guitar straps, made from leather.
- Lani and her husband are fans of art and were seen at the opening of “Ocean Liners: Glamour, Speed, and Style” at the Peabody Essex Museum.
- The couple often loves watching horror movies together.
- They are also fans of classic American sports convertible. She drove a ’65 black GTO convertible, while Kirk drove a ’57 Corvette for the birthday of the main songwriter of Metallica, James Hetfield.
- Kirk claims that criticism from his wife hurts him the most.