|Personal Details Summary|
|Name||Dorothea Hurley (Also known as : Dorothea Bongiovi)|
|Birthday / Date of Birth / How old is Dorothea Hurley Age||September 29, 1962. As of 2023, she is around 61 years old.|
|Wedding & Marriage / Husband / Spouse / Partner||Married to rock musician Jon Bon Jovi. Check the full bio for relationship details.|
|Children / No. of Kids||4|
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race||White|
|What does Dorothea Hurley do?||Her profession is karate instructor and restaurateur.|
Dorothea Hurley is a karate instructor and restaurateur, who is married to rockstar Jon Bon Jovi.
Dorothea Hurley Young Life : Education and Family :
- Dorothea was born on September 29, 1962, in New Jersey, to parents – Father Donald and Mother Dorothy Hurley.
- Her name reportedly came after her parents decided to mix her mother’s name with the name of a close family friend who has recently died from cancer at the time of her birth.
- Education : She attended the Sayreville War Memorial High School in Parlin, New Jersey. It was there that she met her future husband Jon Bon Jovi.
- At the time, however, she was dating his best friend Bobby so the two remained just friends for numerous years.
- The couple has four children, daughter Stephanie Rose Bongiovi and sons Jacob, Romeo, and Jesse James.
Jon Bon Jovi Dorothea Hurley : Love Story
- Hurley met Bon Jovi in her teenage years after he attempted to cheat on a test by looking at her work.
- They did not begin a relationship until their 20’s due to her dating his friend Bobby and later him being in a relationship with actress Diane Lane.
- Bon Jovi has revealed that he was in love with her from day one though, and that his early song “Bobby’s Girl” was written about her.
- On 29 April 1989, they snuck away from a tour that Bon Jovi was doing in New Jersey, and secretly married at the Graceland Wedding Chapel in Las Vegas.
- They had no friends or family present and did not have wedding rings at the time. They reportedly received major criticism from his management and her family, but ultimately decided that they had done the best thing for themselves.
- The couple has been praised regularly for being able to maintain their marriage, which is close to three decades so far. This is especially noteworthy, considering that most rock stars have a bad history with personal relationships.
Jon Bon Jovi Daughter Drug Problem :
- In 2012, Hurley drew critical attention from the media when it was discovered that their daughter Stephanie Rose Bongiovi had overdosed on heroin at the age of 19 in her college dorm room.
- Hurley and her husband attempted to keep the situation as quiet as possible as their daughter recovered in hospital, but were labeled bad parents by the media.
- She has hit back at them only to say that she hopes they never have to go through what she went through.
Business, Career and Net Worth :
- Dorothea was a junior champion in karate throughout high school, and reportedly gave that up to be able to tour with her husband.
- Once she had children, however, she returned to working as a karate instructor in New Jersey, so as to give her children some stability.
- In 2002, she was revealed to be a 4th-degree blackbelt holder. She also revealed that in 1992, she reached the status of the 4th best greenbelt karate master nationally.
- As of 2019, she also co-runs the JBJ Soul Kitchen Restaurants chain, which is a restaurant that urges customers to “pay it forward” by pre-purchasing meals for the homeless.