Biography Profile / Wikipedia Information
- Elissa Patel is an Indian-American artist famous for her artistic takes on pop culture.
- She is also well-known for being the long-time partner of Brian Chesky, the multi-billionaire CEO of AirBnB, the online marketplace and hospitality service.
- AirBnB enables people to rent their property on a short-term basis for holidays or short stays.
Family Background & Personal Life :
- Elissa Patel was born on the 10th of June 1990 in California.
- Born into a traditional Indian family, she was raised to follow traditional Indian values as well as American ones and was raised by her parents as a Hindu.
- Moreover, her parents often took her for long trips to India when she was young.
- Thus, though she spent many of her formative years living in Saratoga, California, not too far away from Silicon Valley, she was also discouraged from forgetting her Indian roots.
- She now lives in the arty, cultural city of San Francisco, with her multi-millionaire husband, Brian Chesky. The couple met on the dating app Tinder and started to date in 2015.
- It is quite unusual for couples meeting on Tinder to fall deeply in love, as it is meant more as a hook-up app.
- However, Chesky and Patel enjoyed a happy romance and have even visited India together. The couple does not have any children at present but does have a pet dog named Richard.
Early Life & Education :
- Elissa started her education at home in the state education system of California. She excelled from an early age, both academically and in the field of the arts.
- Firstly, Elissa completed a degree in Marketing at the Santa Clara University in California.
- Later, she progressed onto other continents, studying International Business at the Imperial College, London and the Shanghai University of Finance and Economics in 2010.
Job, Salary & Net Worth :
- Presently Elissa works full-time as a professional artist. She works both privately and publically, completing several instillations and often linking up with SFMOMA (the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art).
- She describes her style as ‘letting her mind run free’ and marrying up Art, Technology and modern-day culture.
- Before she branched out into the arts, Elissa held several different jobs in technology. She does find it amusing that she started her career in technology and business before moving into the arts. This was diametrically opposite to her boyfriend Brian’s path – He studied Fine Art at university before getting into the world of technology & starting a successful online business.
- Elissa has previously worked as a Community Marketing Manager for Frontback, a Marketing Consultant at Mercatus and an Accounts Executive at WePay.
Trivia, Height & Fun Facts :
Currently Not Married. See above for more details.
- In her spare time, Elissa is never far from an art gallery, exhibition, or installation of some sort, a passion she likes to share with her partner Brian. She likes to share her artwork with the public and has completed several community installations including, GIRLfriends, an exhibition of photography featuring some of her friends.
- Some of her other works include The Poetry Room, an interactive, visitor inclusive night of food, drink and talk which challenges the misconception that not everyone can write poetry and Bart on Bart, where she and a group of local artists, encouraged people to ride the tube wearing a Bart Simpson mask to break up the monotony of their day.