A self-made real estate investor, Gregg Leakes is the husband of famous reality TV personality Nene Leakes from The Real Housewives of Atlanta on Bravo TV.
Family, Kids & Married Life :
- Leakes was born in Brooklyn, NY, on August 18th, 1954, and later moved to Atlanta.
- He has six children, five from a previous relationship & one with his new wife, Nene Leaks.
- Nene & Gregg were married in 1997 after initially meeting in 1996. They started experiencing some difficulties in the marriage that he blames himself for, claiming to have not listened to her or paying enough attention to her needs.
- There was also an incident where he was caught talking about her and the volatile nature of their relationship on the radio, unbeknownst to him. Nene divorced him soon after that in 2011.
- Leakes asked her to marry him again two years later, and they remarried in 2013 with their own wedding special on Bravo called “I Dream of Nene: The Wedding.”
- His children from his previous marriage were not very welcoming to Nene as his wife, and this also caused tension in their first relationship.
Gregg Leakes Net Worth, Business & Job :
- Leakes is a successful real estate investor & consultant.
- A self-taught businessman, he has no formal college education to his name.
- Despite his busy career, he is very supportive of his wife Nene and travels with her if she does promos for the show.
- An example of this is when he was in NYC with Nene during New York Fashion Week, and he had no problem being her sidekick and accompanying her everywhere. In fact, he claims to work extra hard to please her when she’s in work mode.
- Gregg has been featured on-screen several times on The Real Housewives of Atlanta and, of course, also for their wedding special.
- He seems to be taking a keen interest in appearing on shows with Nene, as he was also seen on the MasterChef Celebrity Showdown & Tag Team challenge.
Interesting Facts, Height & Trivia :
- A fun interview revealed that although Nene is more prominent and extroverted on camera, behind the scenes, Gregg is the kinkier of the two in bed.
- Gregg’s second proposal was simple and cute – he planned to do it at 12:01, and he quickly seized the opportunity to pop the question Will you marry me, again?.
- In order to maintain the romance in their relationship, they make sure to schedule in a “date night” each week – Gregg switches up the days, locations, and activities, saying that sometimes she decides where they will go ahead of time, other times he may choose to stay in and maybe have a personal chef. There are times where he surprises her, and they just go on long drives for food.