Phaedra Parks is an attorney and a television personality, best known for her appearance on The Real Housewives of Atlanta.
Family Details : Mother & Siblings
- Phaedra was born on October 26th, 1973, in Athens, Georgia.
- Her father was Pastor Henry Parks, and as such she was raised in a conservative Christian household.
- Bachelor of Arts (with honors) from Wesleyan College
- Juris Doctorate from the University of Georgia
- Bachelor of Mortuary Sciences from Jefferson State College
Phaedra Parks Attorney & Law Firm Salary :
- She is a practicing attorney and specialises in entertainment, intellectual property rights and criminal litigation.
- She is a managing partner of her own Atlanta based Law firm, The Parks Group.
- Thanks to an A-List clientele, she has provided legal commentary on top networks such as NBC, Fox, CNN and Entertainment Tonight.
Married Life & Divorce Settlement :
- After an on/off relationship, Parks married businessman Apollo Nida in 2009.
- The two have two sons together, Dylan Nida and Ayden Nida.
- In 2014, Apollo was sentenced to serve 8 years in prison for fraud and identity theft.
- He surrendered to the federal police in September 2014, and Parks filed for divorce in October 2014. It was said that the two had already been separated for ten months prior to this.
- At that point, Apollo had already moved on from Parks and was engaged to a new girlfriend.
- Parks reported in November 2016 that their divorce had been finalized, but in March 2017, a judge overturned that ruling. His reasoning was that he believed Nida had not been served divorce papers correctly and that Parks had purposely misspelled his name on divorce documents.
- In July 2017, the divorce proceedings were finalized. Phaedra got primary custody of the kids while Nida would get phone calls with them from prison.
Reality TV Career :
- In 2010, Parks joined the show The Real Housewives of Atlanta, as a main cast member for season 3, alongside Cynthia Bailey.
- Throughout her first season, she was pregnant with her first child and was shown bickering with her then-husband over parenting styles.
- Her biggest controversy came in season 9 of the series, in which she told her good friend Portia Williams that other cast member Kandi Burruss and her ex-husband Todd Tucker had intended to drug her and take advantage of her. The controversy was dubbed Lesbiangate by the media.
- Parks admitted in the finale reunion episode for season 9 that she had merely embellished a rumor she had heard and that her claims were false. She apologized to both Williams and Burruss, but her actions still caused outrage amongst fans.
- Parks also appeared in the show’s 10th season, which aired in late 2017.