Wikipedia Biography / Profile Background
- Julius Tennon is a tall African-American actor, producer, and a former football player known for roles in blockbuster movie Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice & several hit TV shows including Criminal Minds..
- He is also more well-known for being the husband of actress Viola Davis of How to get away with Murder” fame.
Personal Life : Parents, Family and Education
- Julius was born a Capricorn on December 24, 1953.
- He is a native of Austin, Texas.
- Julius has had two marriages before meeting Viola Davis. Details of her ex-wives are unknown except that he has two teenage children from them. He had been a single dad for about 16 years before meeting Viola.
- In 2003, he met Viola, who describes their first meeting – “I was telling my friend about how lonely and sad I had been feeling in Los Angeles, so she told me to pray for the kind of man I want. I prayed for a tall black man with the build of a footballer and who has preferably gone through the ordeal of marriage. And there he was, standing beside us, overhearing our conversation, and he gave me his card with his number on it. After that, we dated and married later in the same year.
- Both of them adopted a daughter named Genesis Tennon in the year 2011.
- His father-in-law is Dan Davis, and mother-in-law is Mary Alice Davis.
Early Profession & Acting Career :
- Julius used to play football at Trinity Valley Community College in the state of Texas.
- At a very young age, he had started doing plays in Tulsa & was an extra in Confessions of a Serial Killer (1985).
- Afterwards, he did several small roles in Red Headed Stranger, The Man who Broke 1000 chains, Murder Rap, It takes two, Landsome Dove, Trapped, Dream date, Riverbend and many others.
- Later, he was a part of CBS’s City of Angels where he met his current partner Viola.
- His most prominent role was in Criminal Minds‟ – two episodes, one aired in 2006 and the other in 2013, as Carl Buford.
- Julius later started a production company, with her wife in 2012, named JuVee Productions. JuVee aims to create a space for unheard voices in the Film Industry. It produced short film „The Brink‟, released in October 2015.
- He also played the role of General Security Chief in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and was later involved in Love You to Death.
Interesting Facts, Height and Trivia :
- After Julius first gave his card to her now wife, she took weeks before calling him due to nervousness. At the end of their first date, he complimented her about how beautiful she was, and he had a great time with her. He complimented her with the same words twice at an interval of 20 minutes each after the date that ultimately sealed the deal between the two.
- He panicked at his wife‟s speech at the Emmy Awards of 2015, where she made history by being the first African-American to win Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama series.
- His wife is the only black actress to win the triple acting crowns – Academy Award, Emmy Award, and Tony Award. Only 23 actors (9 men and 14 women) had achieved this feat before her, including greats like Al Pacino, Jeremy Irons, Helen Mirren, and so on.
Norman Kali Wikipedia, Age【 Wiki Bio 】Height, Net Worth, Birthday
Jason Hoppy Bio, Job, Net Worth, Wikipedia, Age, Parents, Now 2023
Paul Khoury Wiki, Age, Net Worth, Bio, Australia【Ashley Greene BF】
Corey Bohan Net Worth, Wiki, Age, Bio BMX【 Audrina Patridge 】
Fred Di Blasio Wikipedia, Age【 Lana Parrilla Husband Bio 】Net worth
Steven Roy Age, Wiki, Bio【 Carrie-Anne Moss Husband 】Net worth
Cash Warren Wiki, Age, Net Worth, Father, Bio, Family, Children
Ric Pipino Age, Wikipedia, Birthday, Bio【 Heidi Klum Husband 】Kids
Roderick Spencer Age, Net Worth, Bio (Alfre Woodard Husband) Wikipedia