Norman Kali is a production assistant, most famous for having worked on movies and shows such as Lost, North Shore and 50 First Dates. He is also the long-term partner of actress Evangeline Lilly.
Early Life, Education & Family :
- Norman was born and raised in Hawaii, and continues to live there as an adult.
- After dropping out of school at 16, he worked odd jobs around Hawaii, before moving to LA at the age of 18. Here, he decided to pursue a career behind the camera in Hollywood.
- He has previously dated House actress, Lisa Edelstein, for six months in 2009. After the split, she publicly said that he was a great guy, but that the two were just not meant to be.
- Norman is an outdoorsy type guy, with interests in surfing and rock climbing. He has credited those two activities with keeping him in shape.
Marriage to Evangeline Lilly & Children :
- While working on the set of the popular television show Lost, he met the show’s lead actresses Evangeline Lilly & the two formed a close friendship due to their shared love of the outdoors.
- In May 2010, they officially began dating and Evangeline relocated her life to Hawaii to be closer to Lost shoots & to live with Norman in his homeland.
- On 21 May 2011, Evangeline gave birth to their first child. While the couple were quite guarded on information regarding their child, an unnamed source revealed to the media that they had a son and named him Kahekili. The baby’s name means Thunder in Hawaiian.
- In November 2015, Evangeline gave birth to their second child. They were more successful with keeping information private this time, with the only detail being revealed that the baby was a girl.
- They have stated that they do not believe in marriage, but may consider it at some point in the future for health care or tax purposes.
- As of 2020, the family still resides in Hawaii, with Evangeline saying that it is important to both of them that the children are raised there.
Norman Kali Lost, Career & Interesting Facts :
- Norman has worked as a production assistant on the following projects: Dress; Lost ; North Shore ; 50 First Dates ; The Big Bounce
- As an assistant director, he has worked on: Undercovers ; Lost ; The Prince of Motor City ; Special Delivery
- Due to his work behind the camera, he has done small-unscripted acting roles in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, and Off The Map.
- He has also worked as a Location Manager for the 2003 film Tears of The Sun, and as a Special Effects Assistant on Tropic Thunder.
- Due to partner Evangeline’s rising career and business opportunities, he gave up his career to be a stay at home dad, to give his family the freedom to travel to wherever Evangeline needed to be for work.