Wiki Biography / Profile Information
- Dr Vanita Rattan is a London-based skincare expert, cosmetic formulator and doctor from the United Kingdom.
- Dedicated to her craft, Dr Vanita Rattan is a staunch advocate for healthy and ethical skincare who is not afraid to call both individuals and companies out if they promote dangerous products or spread skincare lies.
Personal Life, Parents & Family Background :
- Dr Vanita Rattan is the daughter of Dr Jagdeep (father) and Shashi Gossain (mother), best known in the pharmaceutical industry as the Founder of PharmaClinix, a brand of cosmetic products launched in 2006.
- Shashi’s company is now operating in over 30 countries, and her products are sold in more than 10,000 beauty and retail outlets across the globe.
- Vanita has two younger siblings – Sarita Pindoria (sister) and Shiv Gossain (brother). Sarita is a Registered Pharmacist. Shiv is a well-reputed Investment Banker.
- Dr Vanita Rattan is married and a mother, but she chooses to keep details of her personal life away from the limelight. She had mentioned in a previous interview that she was inspired to venture into her specific line of work as a hyperpigmentation specialist after struggling with it when she was pregnant.
- She also mentioned that she chose not to take maternity leave after giving birth and instead chose to maintain her busy schedule, something she remarks was not the best idea.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- In 2002, Dr Vanita graduated from Lady Eleanor Holles School in Hampton, London, with a Bachelor of Surgery degree as well as a Bachelor of Medicine degree.
- She then progressed to University College London, where she earned a Bachelor of Science Degree in Pharmacology and Physiology and a Medical Degree in 2008.
Career, Job, Salary & Net worth :
- Dr Vanita is recognised as a pioneer in treating and researching skin conditions linked to hyperpigmentation, especially in people from Africa and Asia.
- After completing her studies, she worked for three years as a researcher specialising in hyperpigmentation. She went as far as conducting various clinical trials to determine practical solutions for the condition. She also helped create specialised products that were aimed at targeting hyperpigmentation caused by several problems such as acne, stretch marks, stress and ageing.
- After years of research and clinical trials, Rattan became self-employed in September of 2008 and quickly launched The Hyperpigmentation Clinic and The Dark Circles Clinic. Currently, Dr Rattan serves as the Head Hyperpigmentation Aesthetic Practitioner and the Company Director of both companies.
- She also gives lectures on hyperpigmentation on behalf of the brands and has her own Aesthetic Practitioner team that help her out with her work.
- Dr Vanita also has two other brands called Skincare by Dr V and Dr V Sunglasses.
- In 2020, she launched her own pigmentation kits called Dark Circles and Lip-X, which she regularly promotes on her social media platform and during her lectures. She is also the creator of a special brand of sunglasses that are said to be the first-ever Anti Melasma Sunglasses.
- In January 2021, she launched a Bikini Pigmentation Kit, a product targeting hyperpigmentation in the bikini area. She also launched a blog called Official Dr V, where she shares all of her expertise and address any questions and concerns her clients might have about her brands, treatments and products.
Interesting Facts, Height & Trivia :
- When she is not working, Dr Vanita enjoys running and taking long, slow walks while listening to her favourite audiobooks.
- Dr Vanita’s mum Shashi was born in Nairobi, Kenya and immigrated to England at the age of 12. Shashi and Jagdeep (Vanita’s dad) married in 1981.