Biography / Profile Background
- Caroline Hirons is a British skincare celebrity blogger, beauty influencer, trained aesthetician, facialist, entrepreneur, and author. She is known for her no-nonsense advice.
- Currently residing in London, Caroline is the founder of her successful business, Caroline Hirons Limited. With over 20 years of experience, she garnered fame via her fashion blog and social media.
- One of the best beauty influencers in the UK due to her candid product reviews, Candice’s reviews make or break a product.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Born to an English dad and American mom, Caroline was born and raised in the UK alongside her brother. Her birth date is July 25, 1969.
- Caroline is married to her husband, Jim. Jim is a musician and also serves as a director of Caroline’s company.
- Jim and Caroline started dating in 1989, having first met in a pub named Wheat Sheaf. As per her Q & A YouTube video, Caroline does not remember which of the two asked the other out.
- They have raised four children together – Ben (Born in 1991), Daniel (Born in 1994), Ava (Born in 2002), and Max (Born in 2004).
- Caroline was asked to describe favourite things about her children. She referred to her firstborn Ben as an intuitive, sensitive, and “obsessed with being a better” person. Daniel is the one who looks the most like Caroline but acts more like his dad. He is Caroline’s “cuddly baby” and also the funny one in the family. Max is good, funny, sensitive, smart, wants to be head of IT for Caroline’s business. Ava is like “Caroline On Speed” with the body of a supermodel and her confidence.
- Caroline’s elder sons are working for her on a full-time basis. Her younger children are all poised to join the family business too.
- According to UK based YOU Magazine (April 19, 2020), Caroline was expected to become a granny to Ben’s (firstborn) baby in September 2020. She felt quite weird but wonderful at the same time. Both Caroline and Jim felt, just a few hours ago, they were picking Ben from school, and now he will be a dad himself!
Early Life and Education :
- While growing up, Caroline nurtured her passion for customer service and beauty with inspiration from her grandmother and mother. They were working on a make-up counter for brands like Coty, Helena Rubinstein, and Guerlain. Caroline’s grandmother used to advise her always to remove make-up before bed.
- After having her first child, Caroline decided to pursue beauty certification by enrolling at the Confederation of International Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology (CIBATC) at the original aesthetics Steiner School located in Wardour Street, Central London.
- She further pursued a post-graduate degree courses at Biologique Recherché.
Career, Job, Salary and Net worth :
- From 2001 to 2006, Caroline worked as a Director/Executive of Spa Development for Chantecaile.
- In 2006, she decided to move to Liz Earle, and she served as the Retail Sales Manager till 2007.
- In 2009, Caroline stepped into her first entrepreneurial venture, Caroline Hirons Ltd. The company is based in London.
- Caroline has been an Aesthetician and Consultant since September 2009. She specialises in all retailers from mass to prestige, including all major department store chains like Liberty, Space NK, QVC, Harrods, Harvey Nichols, Fortnum & Mason, Selfridges, Fenwick, major grocery and chemist chains, and all e-tailers large and niche both in the UK and beyond.
- In April 2010, Caroline launched her beauty blog as a hobby. The blog primarily focused on skincare, beauty, and lifestyle and garnered 2.5 to 4 million pageviews a month on average. Against Caroline’s expectations, the blog struck a chord with online readers and became an instant hit in 6 months.
- Caroline was picked by All for Eve Ltd as the Brand Ambassador in January 2010 and represented the brand till April 2012. She also worked at Hammer Holding Ltd from January 2010 to April 2012 as the Group Sales Manager.
- Since August 2016, Caroline has been a Brand Ambassador for The Eve Appeal, a Gynaecological Cancer charity based in London.
- After earning some 120 million page views according to Vogue (June 28, 2020), Caroline published her debut beauty centric book named ‘Skincare’. A no-nonsense guide, the book is laced with her wit and product recommendations for specific skin types. It can be considered as an excellent beauty bible.
- In August 2020, Caroline launched her second business venture, Beauty Backed, also based in the UK.
Consulting Work :
As a consultant, Hirons has worked with a lot of big brands :
- La Roche Posay
- The Body Shop
- Indeed Labs
- Mother Dirt
- Max & Me
- Living Sea Therapy
- Dr. Dennis Gross
- Kate Somerville
- Amanda Lacey
- Sunday Riley
- EX1 Cosmetics
- Anthony For Men
- The Organic Pharmacy
- MOR Cosmetics
- Sam Farmer
- Beauty Works West
- CAG Beauty
- Serge Normant
- Slim Cera
- Hampton Sun
- Pestle & Mortar
- May Lindstrom
Fun Facts and Trivia :
- Having nurtured a social entrepreneurial spirit over the years, Caroline founded her first beauty social initiative named “Give and Make-up (GAMU)” in September 2010. GAMU provided essential everyday free products worth over 100,000 GBP to women-in-need.
- Hirons occasionally gives her fans some personal information via Q & A videos on YouTube. She posted a video on June 21, 2019, and told fans that her favourite book was To Kill A Mockingbird.
- Caroline’s favourite songs on iPod were New Religion by Duran Duran and Venice Queen by the band Red Hot Chili Peppers. She watched Foo fighters and chilli peppers perform in a pub in Camden. Bon Jovi was her best concert experience. She has loved going to gigs since she was 11 years old because it is her favourite pastime.
- For Caroline, listening to music, and watching SVU in her kitchen while cooking is the best unwinding thing. Red is her favourite colour, and Caroline’s entire living room is painted red. She likes all shades of red but will not want tomato red. Italy is her favourite travel destination, not every weekend but during a holiday. She said that when you have children, they will eat all the food and in Italy, they can eat just pasta for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, done! She also jokingly said that she reads criticisms out loud on YouTube to everyone and laughs about it. Caroline likes twining English breakfast, but currently, she drinks decaf.
- According to Daily Mail (April 19, 2020), Caroline gets upset with skincare brands claiming to be natural and products with glitter in them. She wants such brands to stay in California, where they belong!
- Caroline wanted to be a midwife till the birth of her firstborn, Ben. She had a rough teenage phase. With her parents’ divorce in 1982 and her mother’s diagnosis of skin cancer, Caroline became depressed. She wanted to leave home and finally moved to London in 1986 and started working at HMV record shop to pay the bills.
- According to The Sun (December 3, 2018), Caroline is now more famous & quickly recognized on the streets thanks to her 13 million YouTube views. While visiting Boots for make-up shopping or departmental stores, Caroline is stopped for selfies and advice on under-eye bags and conditions like acne. But she feels happy with giving people confidence by going full mother and offering advice.
- While being interviewed by Vogue (June 27, 2020), Caroline told the readers that she loves her skin being suitable for testing due to an excellent response to the product. She never gets bored of Cleansers, which she stores in her office testing shelf and home shelf. She considers cleansers to be fundamental to her whole skincare routine. Caroline also disclosed that Clinique’s Three-Step Skin System was her first skin product purchase.
- She posted a Q & A video on YouTube on May 24, 2017. The first question she answered was about her first time meeting with Simon Le Bon. He visited with his wife Yasmin and kids to Evader counter in Harvey Nichols over 20 years ago for equipoise body wash. Caroline had to keep it together, and she stood in front of him with his wife, who was even more attractive in real life. Every time she has met him since then, she has tried to keep it together. Caroline also disclosed that her dream dinner guests would be Michael Hutchens, Jeff Buckley, sitting next to Oprah. Caroline mentioned that she would not want Simon La Bon on her dinner table because she will not talk properly out of nervousness.
- According to Press Reader (December 3, 2018), Caroline has morphed into a phenomenon. The influential nature of her fame in the industry has earned Caroline’s phenomena a unique name, Caroline Effect. It has been observed that the skincare or cosmetic products rated as positive by Caroline experience increased sales. The sales increase just like outfits worn by the Duchess of Cambridge or Sussex become a sell-out. For example, Clinique’s Take The Day Off Balm. In 2013, the company was about to be bankrupt, but Caroline pushed it into her blog’s Hall of Fame section. Amazingly, the company’s demand spiked to a 1,432% increase in sales. The balm is now the number one seller for Clinique.
- According to a Q&A video on YouTube on February 8, 2019, Caroline does not view herself as what people perceive her to be. She thinks it’s nice when she gets recognized in a beauty area. Also, she said it must be more challenging for younger people and must be very strange if you are 20. How someone will perceive you has nothing to do with you. You can’t make everyone happy. One must realize that not everyone will like you, so moving on is the best option.
Kym Douglas Wikipedia, Age, Illness, Wiki Bio, Husband, Net worth, Health
Mally Roncal Age, Family, Net Worth, Husband, Wedding, House, Bio
Dr Vanita Rattan Husband, Family, Age【 Wikipedia Bio 】Parents, Net worth
Nurse Jamie Age, Wikipedia, Reviews, Husband, Triplets, Net worth, Bio
Carmindy Age, Husband, Net worth 2022, Nombre Esposo, Married
Sandy Linter Wikipedia || Married, Biography, Age, Birthday, Husband