Wiki Biography / Profile Background
- Jon Courson is an American Bible studies teacher and pastor originally from Jacksonville, Oregon.
- Passionate and outspoken, Pastor Jon is a staunch conservative and has spoken openly about his support for what he calls true Christian family values.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Jon was born to and raised by Christian parents.
- He is married to an artist and blogger named Tammy Courson, and together, they have two children named Mary and Christy.
- Tammy is Jon’s second wife, and the two had tied the knot in 1985. Jon’s first wife died in a car accident, as did his daughter, Jessie, who was only 16 years old at the time.
- Aside from Jessie, Jon and his first wife had two other children named Peter-Jon and Ben.
- Jon’s now-deceased son, Peter-Jon, struggled with many health issues. He first fought with Crohn’s Disease for over two decades and was eventually diagnosed with colon cancer as an adult. Peter-Jon had also undergone brain surgery before the diagnosis.
- Peter-Jon spent some time receiving treatment in a hospice before eventually passing away, leaving behind his wife and four daughters.
- Both Pastor Courson’s sons Ben and Peter-Jon used to work together as Pastors at Jon’s church. Ben is now an author.
- Courson’s second wife, Tammy, runs an art blog called Tambo Art, where she sells paintings, photographs, and postcards.
- The couple lives in Oregon and has many grandchildren.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Jon studied in Twin Pines, California, and graduated with a degree in Divinity from Biola University.
Career, Job, Salary and Net Worth :
- Pastor Jon Courson was mentored by Reverend Chuck Smith, who was the Founder of the Calvary Chapel Movement.
- Jon began his journey as a youth pastor for a local church in San Jose, California.
- In 1977, Jon moved to Oregon and started his own church called the Applegate Christian Fellowship after an encounter with Christian-convert hippies who invited him to teach them how to be better Christians and how to walk in the path of God.
- In a short space of time, Pastor Jon’s church grew from a few hundred to more than 8000 members, and soon, it was regarded as one of the biggest churches in South Oregon.
- In July 2002, Pastor Jon left Applegate and joined his mentor, Reverend Chuck Smith, in California at his Calvary Chapel in Costa Mesa.
- He left his late son Peter-Jon in charge of his church and took on the role of Head Pastor of the 25000-attendee congregation in California.
- In 2005, Pastor Jon left California and relocated to Carmen Serdan in Mexico, where he trained young men to become pastors.
- He left Mexico in March 2006 and returned to Oregon, where he rejoined Peter-Jon and spent time co-pastoring with him and his brother Ben before Peter-Jon passed away.
- Pastor Jon continues to be the head pastor of Applegate Christian Fellowship to this day and is also the author of several books such as – A Day’s Journey; A Future and a Hope; and A Pillar by Day.
- He also runs a website and YouTube channel where he teaches and preaches to thousands of people.
Interesting Facts, Height and Trivia :
- When he is not working, Pastor Courson enjoys spending time with his wife, children, and grandchildren.
John Kilpatrick【 Pastor 】Wiki, Wife, Age, Net Worth, Family, Books
Jonathan Merritt Bio【 Dad, Father 】Net Worth, Age, Parents, Wife
Judah Smith Age, Wikipedia【 Net Worth, House 】Bio, Family, Wife
Paul David Tripp Wikipedia, Age, Wife, Marriage, Family, Quotes, Bio
Pastor Randy Skeete【 Biography 】Age, Wife, Married, Wikipedia
Dr. Gene Kim Pastor Age, Wife, Married, Biography, Net Worth, Nationality
Tammy Collins Age, Wiki, Kirk Franklin Wife Bio, Kerrion, Carrington Franklin
Pastor Wayne Cordeiro Wife, Net Worth, Age, Cancer, Health, Family, Bio