Wiki Biography / Profile Background
- Kino MacGregor is an American author and a certified yoga teacher, who has a popular YouTube channel with thousands of subscribers. She is also well-known for being a high-ranked yoga instructor in her country.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- MacGregor was born in 1973 in Miami, Florida.
- She is now married to Tim Feldmann, who is also an authorized yoga tutor and her partner in many projects.
Her Start in Yoga :
- MacGregor joined her first yoga class when she was 19 years old. Back then, she was going through a rough period in her life, partying, drinking alcohol and battling depression.
- At the time, Kino moved to New York City, where she started attending traditional ‘Ashtanga’ Yoga classes in search of a more peaceful life. She revealed she even took ecstasy before she realized she did not want her path to be that one. Drugs “were the happiness she had never felt in her life.”
- Eight months after she began her yoga experience, she travelled to Mysore, India to practice with yoga masters Sri K. Pattabhi Jois and R. Sharath Jois.
- Surprisingly, she was not a kind of person who enjoyed doing exercise or sports, until she practiced yoga for the first time.
- When she started doing yoga, Kino’s world changed completely, as her first teacher told her to be at the first class of the day, six days-a-week. Arriving early was a challenge as Kino was used to arrive at 8:00 a.m. after visiting exclusive parties in the night.
Career Development, Workshops and Net Worth :
- Currently, MacGregor is one of the youngest certified yoga teachers in the “Ashtanga” tradition. She has earned her certification from ‘Ashtanga’ founder S. K. Pattabhi Jois himself, straight from India!
- In 2008, “Yoga Journal” named MacGregor to its list of top 21 teachers under 40.
- She is the founder of “Miami Yoga Magazine” and in 2006 she co-founded the “Miami Life Center” alongside her hubby Tim Feldmann. “MLC” is a home for the traditional Ashtanga Yoga practice in Miami Beach.
- Kino has also published a few books, like Sacred Fire and Power of Ashtanga I.
- The talented instructor has been featured in several magazines, such as Yoga Mind Body Spirit and Yoga Joyful Living, Travel & Leisure Magazine, as well as appearing on Miami Beach’s Plum TV and the CBS Today Show.
- She also blogs for digital platforms MindBodyGreen and Yoga Magazine UK.
- Each year Kino visits different continents in Europe and Asia, to share the message of Ashtanga Yoga and help her students expand their understanding of life.
Interesting Facts, Height and Trivia :
- MacGregor admitted she has been called degrading names, like “Ashtanga Cheerleader” and “a sell-out for fame and fortune,” just because she is not the stereotypical yoga instructor. She likes fashion, owns high-heel shoes and often paints her nails.
- The reason she went through depression during her early twenties was her grandfather’s death. She was very close to him, and she was only nine years old when it happened. She described it as “devastating” and said she had been “struggling with her own sadness” until yoga appeared in her way.
Arlan Hamilton Net Worth, Age, Bio, Startup Fund, Birthday【 Wikipedia 】
Rebecca Robeson Husband, Age, Net Worth, Design【 Wikipedia Bio 】
Rachel McCord Age, Wikipedia Bio, Husband, Sister Angel McCord
Radhika Jones【 Wikipedia Bio 】Husband, Indian, Wiki, Family, Married
Elena Lyons Cardone Wiki, Age, Net Worth, Height, Book, Actress, Bio
Dr Trisha Bailey Husband【 Wikipedia 】Age, Married Family, House
Sarah Chapman Age, Wedding, Husband, Married【 Bio Wiki 】Net worth