|Personal Information Summary|
|Age / How old / Birthday / Date of Birth / DOB||No confirmed information available on her birth year or the date she was born.|
|Wedding & Marriage / Husband / Dating / Partner / Boyfriend||Married. Check the full bio for relationship details.|
|Is Radhika Jones related to Rashida Jones or Quincy Jones?||They only share common last names and are not at all related.|
|Children / No. of Kids||None|
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race||South Asian (Indian)|
Biography Information / Profile Background
- Radhika Jones considers herself a true American journalist, who brings a worldwide perspective and curiosity to her role as Editor-in-Chief of Vanity Fair.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Radhika was born on January 23, 1973, in New York.
- Her father was an American 1950s and 60s Vanguard Records and Newport Folk Festival vocalist, singer, and guitarist Robert Jones, and her mother was originally from India.
- Her parents eloped in Paris when her mother came to Europe to study languages, and her father worked for Festival Productions and toured with Duke Ellington’s Orchestra and the New York Jazz Repertory Company.
- Radhika’s parents traveled together throughout Asia, the Soviet Union, and both Eastern and Western Europe.
Radhika Jones Heritage, Childhood and Education :
- Radhika grew up primarily in Ridgefield, Connecticut, and Cincinnati, Ohio.
- She has two siblings, who all traveled to visit their mother’s family in Mumbai regularly. They often visited New York City every summer.
- Jones went to Harvard University and has a Ph.D. in English and Comparative Literature from Columbia University, and has been frequent faculty teaching writing and literature.
- Jones also speaks Russian, although admittedly she is a bit unpracticed. She has also lived in Taiwan, pursuing journalism, and has worked for publications like Artform, Grand Street, and Colors.
Job, Salary, Net worth & Profession :
- Radhika began her career in Moscow as the Editor of the English Arts department for the Moscow Times.
- At present, she is the Editor-in-Chief of Vanity Fair (VF) magazine.
- In the past, she has also served as Editorial Director at The New York Times, Deputy Managing Director of Time magazine, and the Managing Editor of The Paris Review.
- In a media interview after her appointment as Vanity Fairs first-ever woman of color Editor-in-Chief, Jones stated “there is nothing else out there quite like Vanity Fair…it drives our understanding of our culture mixed with powerful narrative and irresistible photography.
- A few have wondered at her recent appointment, knowing the Vanity Fair century long formula has been glamour, power, success, and buoyancy, whereas Radhika had a more studious background. It appears Jones must take the experience of helping Time magazine transition into the digital age, and work it on a larger scale for Vanity Fair.
- She is tasked with taking digitally savvy readers into a virtual Vanity Fair without destroying the exclusiveness of all that is VF.
- Many see this transition as guiding the cultural and political scene of the magazine into an in-depth analysis rather than the vapor of celebrity-obsessiveness.
Current Life :
- Currently, Radhika lives in Brooklyn with her husband, owner of MVP Design LLC architecture firm, Max Petersen, and their son.
- In 2004, Jones and her friend learned Bhangra, a folk dance that originated in Pakistan and Northern India. She laughingly stated that she had the flexibility of a No. 2 pencil, but after a year became a passible student.
- Quite a private person, she often finds delight in old movies, family trips, and a large stack of both fiction and non-fiction reads.
Body Figure / Physical Info
Radhika Jones Measurements :
- Eye Color : Brown
- Haircut / Hair Color : Black
- How tall / Height : 5′11″
- Feet / Legs / Boots / Shoe Size : 8.5
- Pregnant? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
- Weight Loss : A few Google queries regarding this, but we couldn’t find anything conclusive on any of her social media.
Arlan Hamilton Net Worth, Age, Bio, Startup Fund, Birthday【 Wikipedia 】
Kino MacGregor【 Wikipedia 】Age, Diet, Yoga, Wiki, Injury, Birthday, Bio
Rachel McCord Age, Wikipedia Bio, Husband, Sister Angel McCord
Kathy Van Zeeland Wiki, Husband, Net Worth, Age, Married, Bags, Bio
Terry Biviano Wikipedia, Age, Shoes, Net Worth, House, Husband, Baby
Elena Lyons Cardone Wiki, Age, Net Worth, Height, Book, Actress, Bio
Katia Beauchamp【 Birchbox 】Net Worth, Salary, Wikipedia Bio, Age
Alli Webb Drybar Age, Husband Married, Net worth ( Wiki Bio ) Parents
Sarah Chapman Age, Wedding, Husband, Married【 Bio Wiki 】Net worth
Interesting to note a few details of a person of “Asian Origin” being the editor of Vanity Fair. Jones has enough exposure and experience to catch the eyes of the young growing female population who want to possibly follow in her footsteps or, more so, to read and learn of such recognized editorial writers. It goes without saying, she has a great personality and beauty to be in the limelight.
Amazing women one who can inspire many of today’s young women. Myself having five granddaughters I always encourage them to observe and learn. Miss Jones is a good icon for that nothing is unattainable! I applaud her.