Biography Profile / Wiki Information
- Rebecca Robeson is an American vlogger and interior designer. Known for her talent, humor and engaging personality, she has been credited as the most-watched interior designer on YouTube.
Personal Life & Childhood :
- Rebecca Robeson (neé Luther) was born in the late 1950s in San Diego, California.
- Although she is private about her birth family, she has mentioned a sister in a video while making her dad’s famous meatloaf.
- Her dad, Pastor Robert Luther, passed away in 2016 at the age of 92.
- For almost four decades, Rebecca was married to Jim Robeson, the President and CEO of Robeson and Associates insurance company. The two are now divorced.
- With two sons already — Jimmy and Scott, Rebecca became pregnant with twins in 1990. Tragically, one of the twins died while still in the womb, but Rebecca gave birth to the surviving twin in December, their daughter Sharrah Lynne.
Family Background :
- Passed down to her own children, Rebecca grew up with strong Christian values.
- Her father was the pastor at the College Avenue Baptist Church in San Diego for 14 years, and even officiated her wedding to Jim.
- Jim, who is also an ordained minister, carried on the tradition when he officiated Sharrah’s wedding in November 2016.
- Rebecca’s oldest son, Jimmy, is a Christian musician, and has given Rebecca and Jim four grandchildren.
Education, Salary & Net Worth :
- Founded in 1994, Rebecca owns and operates Robeson Design, which at one time employed both her daughter and youngest son. Her son has since left to begin a career in luxury real estate.
- Unlike many other interior design companies that have a signature style, Rebecca’s company is known for working collaboratively with their clients to create spaces that are uniquely theirs.
- Although there is a home office, Robeson Design is most popular for its social media presence — especially their YouTube channel that has over 1 million subscribers with videos that have been viewed well over 100 million times collectively!
- The channel features web series episodes and decorating hacks, but is perhaps most famous for their Christmas-time decorating tips.
- More recently, Robeson has forged a new brand with her daughter Sharrah Stevens and her husband Tyler called ‘Kinwoven’. The name ‘Kinwoven’ stems from two words – ‘Kin’… because they are a family and ‘Woven’… because their lives have been woven through the generations and now woven with Rebecca’s viewers throughout the world.
- According to a LinkedIn profile, Rebecca attended Helix Charter High School in La Mesa, California. Perhaps an inside joke, she also lists “GFB” under her education experience, with her specialty being “political ideology.”
Work on YouTube :
- The innovative design company continues to find ways to interact with clients in unique ways. In 2016, they launched Design Sessions — a live webinar where Rebecca offers design tips and instructions while answering subscriber’s real-time questions about their own personal spaces.
- In a 2017 video on YouTube, Rebecca revealed that she had been approached by a TV company hoping to give Robeson Design their own show. After filming a pilot reel, she turned down the offer as she felt they could not commit the time to filming.
Fun Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Born to be a star, Rebecca is also a talented singer herself — as evidenced by two videos from a 1992 Karaoke session that her son Scott Robeson posted on the Robeson Design Facebook page.
- Rebecca’s creativity does not extend into the kitchen. In a Mother’s Day tribute to her by her children Sharrah and Scott, they thank her for teaching them how to appreciate burnt food.
- Houzz, Design Sponge and Apartment Therapy are some of Rebecca’s favorite blogs.