Biography Profile / Wikipedia Information
- Lauren Jenai is an American entrepreneur, well-known as the co-founder of CrossFit, the acclaimed and immensely popular fitness regimen.
- She is also the founder and CEO of Manifest, a company which is involved with instilling the principles of nutrition, health, and wellbeing into those who aren’t athletes.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Lauren Jenai was born on July 23rd 1971, in Philadelphia.
- Currently, she lives in Portland, Oregon.
- After graduating high school, Lauren became a hairdresser.
- By 1995, Lauren was living in Santa Cruz, California, where she met Greg Glassman, her future husband. She was initially one of Glassman’s clients at a gym where he was working for at the time. Lauren started managing the books and also teaching some of the classes.
- After getting married, Lauren went on to have four children with Greg.
The Journey of CrossFit :
- Together with Glassman, Lauren co-founded CrossFit, the revolutionary new workout that would end up having a huge and dedicated fanbase across the world. By 2001, the programme was taking the world by storm.
- Despite lacking formal training, Lauren performed a wide array of different roles at CrossFit, from accountant to content developer, web master, business strategist, manager, secretary, and CFO.
- By 2009, Greg & Lauren’s marriage was fraught with conflict and rumors of infidelity surgace following Lauren’s pregnancy with twins.
- Lauren filed for divorce in March 2010, which started a lengthy and contentious process.
- Later, she opened a CrossFit gym in Prescott, Arizona, in 2011.
- In July 2012, Lauren decided to sell her 50% share in the CrossFit venture to a venture capital firm called Anthos Capital, citing the precariousness of Glassman’s offer to buy her out.
- The process finally ended with Glassman taking a loan worth few million dollars and buying Lauren’s share. The sale ensured that Greg got 100% control of the company & avoided a corporate takeover. Lauren relocated to Portland post the sale.
Business, Salary & Net Worth :
- After selling her share of CrossFit, in 2015, she founded Manifest in Scottsdale, Arizona. Manifest is a concept that is meant to educate and redefine the lifestyle of its participating members, with a focus on preventing and reversing chronic diseases.
Love Life After Marriage :
- After her divorce, Lauren reconnected with an old high school friend, Franklin Tyrone Tucker, via Facebook.
- The two initially met when Lauren was around 15, and were very close friends before their lives took them in different directions.
- In December 2017, Tucker was arrested on charges of first degree murder along with two co-conspirators following a robbery gone wrong in the Florida Keys.
- Lauren involved herself in the case because she believed in Tucker’s innocence. She hired a private investigator, as well as experienced New York attorney Robert Hantman.
- During this time, Lauren and Tucker developed a romantic relationship, despite not having seen each other in person in over thirty years.
- Lauren has also stated that she is now engaged to Tucker, and that he will move in with her and her children if he is released, after which they will marry.
- She has also commented that she has the support of her mother, who also knows Tucker.