Biography Profile / Wikipedia Information
- From obscurity to a billion-dollar business owner, British born Lisa Bilyeu has become a world-class entrepreneur and businesswoman in the span of a few short years.
- A determined and focused individual, Lisa has proven that if you have a strong will to succeed, you can!
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Lisa is married to her husband Tom and they have been together for close to two decades. They first met in Los Angeles when Lisa was just 21 years old. The couple got married in England after dating for two years.
- She spent the first 8 years of her marriage at home as a housewife supporting her husband, who was trying to build a successful business.
- The couple now calls Los Angeles as their home. They consciously decided not to have any children.
Early Life and Education :
- Lisa was born in London, England.
- She was bought up in a traditional Greek Orthodox family with an older brother and sister and two younger brothers.
- As a youngster, her passion was for all things art and creativity.
- At college, Lisa really wanted to study film, the goal being the first female to win an Academy Award for directing!
- Her parents being traditional, tried to persuade her to go along an academic route. Her father even once said ‘It doesn’t matter what you study you are going to be a wife anyway.’
- Lisa studied three years for her degree in film making in London.
- From here, she made her way to Los Angeles to study at the New York Film Academy, after convincing her father to lend her $10,000 for the course. The first person she saw on arrival at the course was her husband-to-be Tom Bilyeu who was her film school teacher.
Business Career & Net Worth :
- Lisa started out with a photography business and she got her first break on a film set which she hated.
- Quest Nutrition was founded in Lisa’s kitchen making protein bars by hand. To get by in the early days she would collect coupons worried that the business might not succeed. She wanted to show that good food can still taste great.
- It is now one of the fastest-growing private companies in America employing 1400 personnel. It grew 57,000% each year over three years and made 0 to 1 billion dollars in just 5 years!
- In 2015, she made, produced and directed the TV series ‘Inside Quest.’
- Building upon this success, Lisa co-founded Impact Theory, moving away from the business of health and nutrition to the business of media. As before, she started this business at home, a studio was built in her house to see if the business was feasible. From here on, an interview-based talk show exploring people’s mindsets were launched.
- The Women of Impact talk show came next. Hosted by Lisa, the show highlights the success of women in business.
- In July 2019, Impact Theory University was launched offering an on-line training program to help people become the best version of themselves in their business and personal lives.
Trivia, Height & Interesting Facts :
- While spending time at home supporting her husband Lisa didn’t like the term ‘housewife’ so they invented a title for her – ‘President of Bilyeu Enterprises.’
- When she was younger, Lisa loved to go roller skating.
- Her first date with her husband Lisa says it was the best date she had ever been on. She also mentions her wedding was just like ’My Big Fat Greek Wedding.’
- Initially, she employed ex-convicts to give them a start and also to save money.
- Her best weekend is ‘a day at home in her pajamas’.