Biography Profile / Wiki Information
- Amy Siskind is an American political activist & author, well-known for her views on the topic of how women can succeed in today’s society.
- She is perhaps best recognized for her work on her website and Podcast The Weekly List where she pulls apart many of the actions of the American President, Donald Trump.
Family Background & Personal Life :
- Amy Siskind was born into a regular Christian, American family and raised as many other American children of the time were, on the outskirts of New York.
- She now lives just outside of New York City with her children and famous dogs, Arleen and Shep (both named after her former Wall Street colleagues!)
- Amy successfully proved to be an educational high flyer from an early age, a sign that she was to go far in her later life.
- She went on to receive a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from Cornell University in New York (one of the eight Ivy League Universities). She graduated in 1987.
- In 1992, she secured an MBA in Finance and International Business from NYU’s Stern School of Business.
Successful Wall Street Career :
- Starting her career on Wall Street around the mid 1980s, Amy was a pioneer in the Distressed Debt trading market.
- She became the first female managing director at Wasserstein Perella (an American trading company) at the tender age of thirty-one, and later ran trading departments at Morgan Stanley and Imperial Capital (both investment banks), where she was also a partner.
- She focused on her Wall-street career exclusively till the mid-2000s.
Moving away From Wall Street :
- Now, Siskind is the President and Co-founder of The New Agenda, a national organization working on issues including economic independence and advancement, gender representation and bias, and campus sexual assault, an organization she formed in 2008 after the sexism she observed during the election campaign.
- Amy’s advocacy for equality now occurs alongside her mission as one of the most thorough and vocal observers of modern American Democracy. This is displayed through her website, The Weekly List: This Is How Democracy Ends, which she started in November 2016, at the outset of the Trump administration and compiles a daily list of unnatural occurrences linked with President Trump.
- When she’s not working on the lists, Amy spearheads The New Agenda’s annual events, and speaks on college campuses and to young professional women about economic empowerment and strategies for success.
- Sill linked intrinsically with Cornell University, she serves on their highly prestigious President’s Council of Cornell Women and Cornell University Council.
- Amy also has featured in numerous TV & radio appearances including CNN, Fox News, CNBC, PBS, NPR and Marketplace Radio networks.
Trivia & Awards :
- Amy has been hugely successful in her pursuit of her beliefs and was honored by the Westchester County Legislators for her LGBTQ advocacy.
- She was also recognized as one of the “Politico 50” (a list compiled by the Politico magazine) for her work on The Weekly List project.
- The Handmaid’s Tale is one of her favorite books.