Lisa Desjardins Wikipedia, Husband, Bio, Age, Married, Baby – PBS
Name Lisa Desjardins
Biography Profile / Wiki Information
Lisa Desjardins is a correspondent and reporter, who shot to YouTube fame after filming her humorous thoughts after being let go from the CNN network.
Lisa Desjardins Parents, Childhood & Family Details :
- Lisa was born and raised in Hawaii, and grew up quite close to her mother.
- She was known as the funny girl and a prankster, and was labelled the lovable class clown in her yearbook.
- Being her mother’s only child, she often went to work with her mother at a call centre.
- She has said she loved being there. Often, she used to investigate the drama in the centre, which she believes was an early indicator that she was set for the reporting industry.
Lisa Desjardins College & Education :
- Lisa obtained her Bachelors at the College of William and Mary in 1994.
- She also studied abroad during her time at university, and in 1995 she received a first level graduate degree in Russian Studies from the Herzen State Pedagogical University of Russia.
- In 1997, she graduated from the NorthWestern University Medill School of Journalism with a Master’s of Science and Journalism degree.
Profession, Career, Net Worth & Salary :
- Lisa’s first official job out of university was working as a reporter for WBTW-TV Network. She began there in February of 1998.
- She left that role in June 1999 to take up the role a Freelance Reporter with the Reuters Agency and The Sun News.
- At the same time, she worked as a political and state house reporter for WTS-TV.
- After juggling between those roles for 4 years, she resigned from all of them to take up a full time role as the Associated Press Newswoman, a role she held from April of 2003 to September of 2005.
- Following that position was her role with CNN, where she worked for 9 long years before being controversially let go.
- As of 2017, she is working as the lead correspondent & political director for PBS News Hour.
CNN Controversy :
- Desjardins held the role of Senior Correspondent and Capitol Hill Reporter for both CNN and CNN Radio from 2005 to 2014, until she was controversially let go by the company in August 2014 due to a restructuring of the company.
- The fans of the network were outraged, as they believed her funny and approachable personality to be a big asset to the company.
- On her last day with CNN, she shot a humorous video and positioned it as a news investigation that was posted to YouTube.
- Using her funny side, she made light of the situation, but the moment that propelled her to social media fame was when she accused the CNN bosses of firing her because she was a redhead.
- She went on to finish the segment with a statement regarding the lack of ‘gingers’ in the CNN office & calling for more diversity.
Wedding / Husband / Dating / Marriage / Boyfriend No confirmed information about this is available with us.
Birthday / Date of Birth / How old is Lisa Desjardins Age No confirmed information available on this.