Biography Profile / Wikipedia Information
- Julissa Arce is an author, public speaker, former executive at Wall Street, advocate for immigrant rights and entrepreneur originally from Mexico.
- Inspirational, talented and passionate, she has worked very hard to overcome trying obstacles in her life and climb to the top of the success ladder.
Childhood, Family & Personal Life :
- Julissa was born in Mexico to financially struggling parents and lived in Taxco, Mexico until she was 11 years old with her grandmother.
- Her parents eventually brought her to the United States on a tourist visa and she started living in San Antonio, Texas. In San Antonio, they operated a waffle stand in the Town Square.
- Back in Mexico, the young Julissa had a big nice house, while her parents in USA lived in a small apartment and had to struggle to pay the rent.
- Julissa’s mother was dedicated to educating her daughter and worked very hard to send her to a top-notch Catholic School in San Antonio. Fortunately, Julissa excelled in school and even became fluent in English within a year.
- She also has a younger brother, who was born in America.
- Julissa was living in America on a tourist visa, which eventually expired when she was 14 years old. Fortunately for her, a law that legalized the enrollment of undocumented children into university spared her from deportation.
- She attended the University of Texas, Austin and worked part-time at her parent’s waffle stands to pay for her tuition after her parents moved back to Mexico.
- She graduated from the University of Texas with a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance.
Love Life :
- Julissa met her boyfriend in junior year of college. They got married in 2008 but separated a few years later.
Job, Salary & Net Worth :
Early Career :
- In 2004, while Julissa was still in university, she began interning at the big well-known firm, Goldman Sachs and was eventually awarded a full-time position of an analyst after her graduation in 2005.
- She worked at Goldman Sachs for seven years and was eventually elected Vice President of the company, earning more than $350 000 per year! She accomplished all of this while still living as an undocumented immigrant in the country.
Writing & Other Work :
- Aside from working at Goldman and Sachs, Julissa has quite an extensive resume. As a writer, she contributes to The Huffington Post and CNBC as well as Crooked Media. Her written pieces have been featured on media outlets that include Fusion, CNN en Espanol, Refinery29, The Hill and CNN.
- Arce is also the chairwoman and co-founder of a mentorship and college scholarship program called Ascend Educational Fund, which is dedicated to helping undocumented students from all works of life, obtain higher education.
- Additionally, she serves on the board of the College Spring and the National Immigration Law Center.
- Julissa is also an author and she has released a book called “MY (UNDERGROUND) AMERICAN DREAM” in 2014. The book has very good reviews on Amazon and other websites.
Interesting Facts & Trivia :
- After a big struggle, Julissa became an official citizen of the United States of America in August 2014.
- She is a prominent public speaker and well-known for her speaking events that include Forbes’ Reinventing America Summit, which featured celebs like Gayle King and Jessica Alba as well as TEDx.
- Arce is very passionate about sharing her experiences and struggles of living in America as an undocumented immigrant and regularly makes TV appearances discussing issues concerning immigration in the country. Her appearances include gigs on Univision, Telemundo, CNN, Bloomberg TV, Fox Business News, NPR and MSNBC.
- She was nominated in People en Español’s ’25 Most Powerful Woman of 2017′.
- Julissa’s parents did not speak English well and as a teenager, Julissa helped them around while the family was living in the USA.