Antonia Okafor is a conservative African-American activist, public speaker, CEO, and co-founder of a nonprofit organization. Known for her pro-gun, pro-life beliefs, she self-identifies as an armed conservative feminist. She serves as the National Spokesperson for the gun rights organization Gun Owners of America.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Antonia Okafor was born on January 25, 1990, in Carrollton, Texas. To date, most of her life has been spent in her home state.
- Her parents, Eucharia and Fred, had immigrated from Nigeria to the U.S., where they had Antonia and her three siblings: two sisters named Christie and Everesta and a brother named Fred.
- When she was just 5-years-old, Antonia’s father went to jail for a non-violent crime. Released after serving around 20 years, he was sent back to Nigeria and banned from re-entering the States.
- Around 2017, Antonia started dating fellow conservative Philip Travis Cover, a pastor in Denver, Colorado. The two tied the knot on June 26, 2019, at the Hidden Pines Chapel in Highland Village, Texas.
- In March 2020, Antonia shared the news on Twitter that she is pregnant with her first baby. Her son was born in October 2020.
Early Life & Education :
- Growing up in a Democratic household, Antonia was taught to believe in left-attributed beliefs, including being pro-choice.
- She took public policy in college. However, she realized that her beliefs were more in line with those attributed to the right.
- After voting for ex-President Obama in both terms, she is now a Trump-supporting Republican.
- After attending the Hebron High School in her hometown, Antonia did not stray far to earn her undergraduate and graduate degrees from the University of Texas in Dallas. She received her B.A. in international politics & economics in 2013 and her M.A. in public policy in 2015.
- Making her mark while in college, Antonia volunteered for Ignite — a nonpartisan organization aimed at educating young women on civic government and politics. In June 2014, she was selected as a Star Fellow ambassador for the Running Start campaign in Washington, D.C., with the purpose of increasing female participation in politics. Through that opportunity, she served as an intern for Republican Senator Kelly Ayotte.
- One of Antonia’s biggest accomplishments during college was serving as the Southwest Regional Director for the group Students for Concealed Carry on Campus. During her term, it became Texas law that 4-year universities allow students to carry a concealed firearm on campus.
Job, Salary & Net Worth :
- Antonia co-founded the nonprofit organization, EmPOWERed 2a, aimed at educating, training and supporting female college students who carry a firearm on campus.
- Quickly gaining traction, she has toured the country speaking on different campuses, including Yale, Dartmouth and Harvard.
- In October 2018, TIME magazine released an issue focused on guns in America; EmPOWERed 2a was included in the issue and Antonia was a part of the coverpage.
- After posting a video on PragerU titled “Black, Millennial Female… and Conservative” (which has since garnered over 15 million views), Antonia was launched into international fame.
- Besides this, Okafor has appeared on outlets like Fox News, Good Morning Britain and Blaze TV, to name a few.
- She is frequently sought out to make public appearances, and even appeared alongside President Trump at an event put on by the National Rifle Association.
- Okafor is also a certified NRA firearms instructor, who teaches women only concealed carry classes in Colorado at a gun shop called Guns For Everyone.
Fun Facts, Height & Trivia :
- A beauty queen on the side, Antonia has competed in the “Miss Texas” and “Miss Texas International” pageants, and competed as a Miss District of Columbia International in 2019.
- Crediting her passion for public service to her time as a Girl Scout, Antonia earned her Gold Award.
- Antonia Okafor Ethnicity / Heritage / Race : Nigerian-American