Wiki Information / Biography Profile
- David Swerdlick is a journalist, writer and social commentator known for his work with the Washington Post and his TV appearances on CNN.
- Passionate about his causes and work, David is not afraid to speak up about matters close to his heart, especially when it comes to addressing issues of social injustice and inequality both in America and around the world.
Personal Life : Parents & Family Background
- Swerdlick was born in Brooklyn, New York. David’s mother is an African-American, and his father is a White, Jewish American.
- Despite being born in Brooklyn, he grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area after his parents & family moved there.
- David is married to a woman named Asila Calhoun. Asila runs a Coaching & Consulting firm. She has earned her Bachelor’s degree in Sociology from UC Berkeley and also holds PHR and SHRM-CP certifications. The couple lives together in Washington D.C.
- He has previously lived in North Carolina.
- David attended the University of California, Berkeley and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree.
- He later went on to the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill and graduated with a Juris Doctor from the University’s Law School.
Job, Salary & Net Worth :
Early Work :
- After graduating from the University of North Carolina, David began working as a lawyer in the North Carolina region. Some of his work included being assigned to negotiate contracts for corporate companies to handle the grounds keeping for all Little League Baseball games in the area.
- He also made legal arguments for the fourth seasons of popular TV shows like The Wire and Mad Men.
- He was also the officiator at a wedding held at a local country club in North Carolina.
Entry into Writing :
- David eventually joined an online publication, The Root as one of their Associate Editors.
- Throughout his time at The Root, he handled multiple features and opinions in addition to writing his own articles and opinion pieces on various political issues. In addition to this, he also hosted a Question and Answer session about living life as a mixed-race person in the United States of America.
- In 2012, he featured as a writer on the election blog of the New York Daily News called The Rumble.
- David has also worked as a freelance writer for multiple magazines, online publications, and newspapers across the USA.
- In 2015, David was offered a position at the Washington Post as an assistant editor. He accepted the job and relocated to Washington, D.C., with his wife. Currently, he works for the publication as a full-time editor and sometimes writes articles and opinion pieces on various social and political issues within America.
- Swerdlick is no stranger to TV and appears frequently on CNN as a political and social commentator. He is especially passionate about giving his opinion on various issues affecting minorities, such as poverty, police brutality, prejudice, and inequality.
Trivia, Height & Interesting Facts :
- Through his success, Swerdlick has gotten the chance to meet and spend time with various influential people, including the controversial Republican politician and retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson.
- He has openly criticized rapper and fashion designer, Kanye West for his opinions and behavior on social media.
- He has summited the Half Dome at Yosemite National Park.