Biography Profile / Wikipedia Information
- Frida Ghitis is a writer, a world affairs columnist and a regular contributor to CNN and The Washington Post. She writes a weekly column on global affairs for World Politics Review.
Personal Life, Parents & Family Background :
- Frida currently lives in New York City, and works on most of her projects in the city itself while also heading International Insights, Inc. an international consulting firm.
- She is a Democrat and often voices her opinion about current political issues through her Twitter page.
- Ghitis has a Bachelor’s degree from Emory University in Economics, and a Master’s degree in Political Science from the University of Northern British Columbia.
- She is also the author of the book The End of Revolution: A Changing World in the Age of Live Television.
- She was scrutinized for an article she wrote for CNN titled, “Are Men Stupid?” as a lot of men’s rights activists and Republicans targeted her for writing the article.
Early Life & Education :
- Frida was born in the state of New York. She has a MA, Political Science degree from the University of Northern British Columbia (UNBC).
Job, Salary & Net Worth :
- Fridi started her career at CNN, where she worked initially as a show producer, a unit manager for major news operations and later as a producer and correspondent covering mostly international news. She spent fifteen years of her career as a correspondent at CNN.
- In addition to CNN, Frida’s articles have appeared in The Washington Post, Chicago Tribune, Philadelphia Inquirer and in scores of publications in the U.S., Europe, the Middle East and beyond.
- Her regular column on global affairs in the Miami Herald is distributed worldwide by McClatchy-Tribune Information Services.
- She has also served as a columnist for World Politics Review for over twelve years.
- Currently, she is a regular contributor on international affairs with scores of articles published in major newspapers and magazines such as LA Times, San Francisco Chronicle, NRC Handelsblad (Netherlands) and many more.
Fun Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Frida has worked in more than 50 countries, traveling to far-flung places as varied as Tibet, Iraq, Burma, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Haiti, Cuba, Somalia, Colombia, Nepal, and many others.
- She loves Twitter as a social media platform and tweets numerous times daily. Her Twitter account has more than sixty thousand tweets, which her 30,000+ followers consume, and also by others who don’t follow her on the platform.
- When asked in an interview, Frida said that out of all the places she has visited, Cuba and Nepal are her favorite destinations, and she would love to one day revisit them.