Wikipedia Information / Biography Profile
- Oliver Darcy is an American reporter, editor and political commentator who works for CNN.
- Smart, outspoken and passionate about his cause, Oliver has managed to stand out as a young conservative in a world where many people his age are often pressured into embracing more left-leaning policies and ideologies.
Personal Life : Family & Education
- Despite making a name for himself in the world of political and social commentary, Oliver prefers to keep his personal life fairly private, and so little is known about his childhood, upbringing or relationships.
- Darcy attended the University of California in Merced and graduated with a BA in Political Science. During his studies, he focused on American Politics and International Relations.
Job, Salary & Net Worth :
- Oliver’s career is the perfect example of how digital success can propel you to mainstream opportunities.
- During his time at the University of California, he decided to create a video in which he talked to students on campus and asked them to sign a mock petition he drew up. After the video gained attention on the internet, he created more politically motivated videos. He soon landed guest appearances on The Glenn Beck Show and The Stossel Show, both hit shows on the Fox News network.
- His first significant venture was to launch a website called ExposingLeftists whose sole purpose was to breakdown and expose liberal ideology and philosophy failures and inconsistencies.
- After making a few appearances as a guest speaker, Darcy was eventually offered a job as the Digital Media Editor by the Leadership Institute. He worked primarily for the CampusReform (dot) org at the Institute. He spent his time editing videos for the site in addition to doing some graphic designing and reporting on the various abuses, fraud, and wastes happening in colleges across the USA.
- Oliver also worked for online publication, The Blaze as a Deputy Managing Editor before moving on to the Business Insider where he worked as a Politics Editor. During his stint at the Business Insider, he also managed reporters for the publication and covered politics in and around the USA.
- Currently, he works for CNN Media as a Senior Media Reporter. As part of his job and responsibilities, he also writes about various political issues across the country and is often at the center of media coverage on major political events.
Interesting Facts & Trivia :
- When he is not working, Oliver enjoys staying as active as possible. He particularly enjoys hiking and running.
- He is also enjoys watching the television series House and is a big fan of the Star Wars Saga.
- He stated in an interview that he thoroughly enjoys watching people who abuse their power get reprimanded, especially inside classrooms. He enjoys using his presence online to promote free speech and diversity of thought and has regularly urged people of opposing ideologies and philosophies to listen to each other and avoid limiting free speech.