Mia Swier (famously known as Mia Von Glitz) is a Writer/Producer/Director for Fox Networks. She is also a Musician/Singer for the bands Shoot the Freak, Guns ‘n Hoses and Mad Moon Riot.
- Mia was born in September 1st 1985 in New York.
- At 10 years old, she relocated to Alabama, and then came back to New York again for college.
Relationships, Engaged & Dating :
- Mia is currently in a relationship with GLEE actor Darren Criss. They have allegedly been together since 2010.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Mia studied in the Indian Springs School from 1998 – 2003.
- She then studied in the New York University and graduated in the Bachelor of Applied Science, Mass Communication/Media Studies in 2007.
- In 2008, she enrolled in the New York Film Academy studying the Bachelor of Applied Science, Filmmaking & graduated in 2009.
Professional Life : Career, Salary and Net Worth
- While studying in university, Mia joined ABC Television as a Production Intern in 2005.
- 2004 – 2006 : She was employed at White Cherry Entertainment as a Production Assistant. Here, she helped produced some national, live-televised events, such as the SuperBowl and Thanksgiving Day Parade.
- Mia then joined USA Networks as a Nashville Star Production Assistant in 2006.
- 2007 : she joined the NBC, working mostly with popular American late-night live TV show Saturday Night Live.
- 2009 : Swier joined Showtime Networks Inc. For 3 years as an Associate Producer where she produced promotional content of series and cinematic movies. Some examples were Dexter, The Twilight Saga etc and other documentaries.
- 2012 – 2015 : Mia then worked as a Writer/Producer at Fox Networks in the Special Ops department, producing promotional content for shows like The Mindy Project, Glee, Teen Choice Awards and so on.
Music Career and Other Achievements :
- Mia Von Glitz was a bassist and vocalist with the Rock ‘n Roll band Shoot the Freak until 2012, after which, she started an all-female band Guns ‘n Hoses as a bassist.
- After that, she founded the band Mad Moon Riot together with Matt Hitchens and Ru Hazell as lead vocalist. She left the band in March 2015 to concentrate on work with Fox Networks
- Mia co-founded a film production company called Effin Media together with Dan Bricker in 2009. There she co-wrote and self-directed short films like “A (Not So) Civil Union” and “Somewhere Between.”
- In October 2012, Mia started with Von Glitz Productions as a freelance Writer/Producer/Director.
- In 2015, she directed/produced a music video for Keke Palmer’s first single for Island Records.
Interesting Facts, Height and Trivia :
- Mia volunteered at the 2009 Tribeca Film Festival as a Jury Liaison.
- She has actively supported in many charities, such as the international Human Rights Commission and the Family Equality Council. She also supports the Ali Forney Center through Guns ‘n Hoses.
- Her favourite quote is “spread love like legs.”
- Mia does not own a TV at home!
- She can imitate a very good British accent.