Wikipedia Biography / Profile Background
Nothing is surprising about people admiring & talking about a skilled & beautiful doctor. However, Dr. Skylar Satenstein came into real spotlight after her marriage to Lars Ulrich, the co-founder and main drummer of Metallica (rock band).
Family Background, Parents and Marriage :
- Skylar was born on June 23, 1971, in New York City.
- A Jewish immigrant and Skylar’s paternal grandfather, Louis Satenstein had brought over the family to Manhattan.Louis set up the Stratford Press & the American Book Bindery.
- Her father, Frank Satenstein worked as a producer and director for CBS Television. The show ‘The Honeymooners’ was his crowning glory!
- Her mother, Celia Onkels married a lawyer named James Hogan, after divorcing Frank.
- Skylar’s siblings include a sister, Sloan Satenstein Klein and a brother, Louis.
- After dating some high-profile celebs, Skylar married Lars Ulrich in 1997, but divorced him in 2004.
- The couple has two sons, Myles Ulrich (born in 1998) and Layne Ulrich (born in 2001).
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- To say Skylar is highly qualified would be an understatement! First, she completed her schooling from Ransom Everglades School in Florida.
- She focused on studying Cellular and Molecular Biology from 1989 to 1993, at Harvard University.
- She earned a Bachelor’s degree in Applied Science (B.A.Sc.).
- From 1993 to 1997, she was at Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons (VP&S), for getting her degree as Doctor of Medicine.
- Skylar joined the University of California, Berkeley (UC Berkeley), in 2001.
- After completing her course on Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Skylar earned her Master’s degree in Public Health, in 2002.
- She studied Preventive Medicine at the University of California in San Francisco (UCSF), from 2002 to 2003.
- Later, she earned a Master’s degree in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
Professional Timeline : Career, Salary and Net worth
- Skylar launched into her medical career as an Emergency Room Physician at the Doctor’s Medical Center in San Pablo, California, (August 2000 – November 2006).
- During her practicum year (August 2002 – August 2003) at the San Francisco Department of Public Health, their Bioterrorism Unit (Communicable Disease Department) appointed her as a resident.
- Her experiences in planning for post-event vaccination against smallpox helped her complete a thesis – The Complications of Smallpox Vaccination.
- From January 2006 until September 2014, she was a part of Current Health Medical Group in San Francisco.
- Since 2012, she has been a licensed plastic surgeon at Skylar Ulrich Aesthetic and Laser Medicine. This is her private practice in Corte Madera, California.
Interesting Facts, Height and Trivia :
- The fact that she switched over to cosmetic surgery in 2009 suggests that Skylar is keen to help people retrieve ‘lost’ beauty!
- She loves facing the camera occasionally, as evidenced by her appearance on shows, such as E! True Hollywood Story & The Howard Stern Show.
- She was also part of ‘Some Kind of Monster,’ a documentary on Metallica, made in 2004.
Skylar’s ‘studying’ days found their way into Good Will Hunting, a hit 1997 movie, thanks to the efforts of a former boyfriend, actor Matt Damon. She was ‘played’ by Minnie Driver so beautifully that the Academy nominated her for a ‘Best Supporting Actress’ award
Cherry Seaborn Age, Wikipedia, Hockey, Ring, Job【 Ed Sheeran Wife 】
Joanna Berryman Wikipedia, Age, Bio, Husband【 Guy Berryman Wife 】
Mia Swier Age, Wiki, Darren Criss 2017, Engaged, Bio, Photos
Debbie Osmond Age ( Donny Osmond Wife) Grandchildren, Wedding, Bio
Suzette Snider Age, Net worth, Biography, Wikipedia ( Dee Snider Wife )
Linda Keith Wikipedia Biografía ( Jimi Hendrix Girlfriend Wiki ) Today Now