Abby Ham, a blonde woman with shoulder-length hair, a pointed chin, and pale green eyes, is the morning news anchor for WBIR, an NBC affiliate station based in Tennessee.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Abby Ham was born in 1980 in Atlanta, Georgia. Her parents moved her and her siblings all over the country until they eventually landed in Tucson, Arizona.
- She spent her high school years in Tucson, and eventually went to college there even though her parents had moved to Tennessee.
- In March of 2007, Ham married Herby Lambert, whom she met in August of 2005 right out of college, while working for WTAP-TV. Lambert hit on her at a bar, and Ham initially brushed him off before allowing him to buy her a drink.
- Lambert works in sales for beer and beverages and has moved wherever Ham had decided to go for her work.
- Currently, the two are still married. She gave birth to a baby boy Hatcher Ham Lambert in September 2014.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Abby earned her degree from the University of Arizona. She had wanted to attend school near home and set her sights on the University of Arizona due to its robust journalism program.
- Upon graduation, she earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcast Journalism.
Career, Job, Salary & Net worth :
- Abby began her career at the NBC-affiliated station WTAP-TV based in Ohio. The station’s broadcasts are also licensed out to select areas of West Virginia.
- She was granted a lot of freedom at the small station, and learned everything from camera work and video editing software to production and how to anchor.
- During her time with the small station, she won multiple Associated Press Awards.
- After two years with WTAP-TV, Ham moved to Knoxville, Tennessee, to work as an anchor and reporter for WBIR 10News Today.
- She was eventually promoted to morning anchor, where she reported on multiple stories, including coverage of a warehouse fire that led to a regional Emmy nomination.
- In 2007, Ham moved on to WKYC Channel 3 in Cleveland, Ohio.
- At the time, Cleveland had the 17th largest news market in US, as opposed to Knoxville’s 58th. The move was quite a jump, but Abby proved worthy of the new level of professionalism & helped Channel 3 make gains with a notoriously difficult demographic, female viewers aged 25-54.
- Signing on as a morning news anchor, and covered news such as the 2008 US presidential elections.
- In 2009, however, she left the station and decided to move back to Tennessee.
WBIR – Again!
- Ham took a morning anchor position back at WBIR 10News Today to be closer to her family, and continues to report there today.
Awards, Height & Trivia :
- Quite short, Abby’s Height is just 5 feet 2 inches.
- Abby also has her own YouTube channel where she shares useful health, diet, makeup & beauty tips.
Abby Ham Measurements :
- Abby Ham Eye Color : Green
- Haircut / Hair Color : Blonde
- Abby Ham Height : 5’ 2”
- Feet / Legs / Boots / Shoe Size : No confirmed information available.
- Pregnant ? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
- Weight Loss : A few Google queries regarding this, but we couldn’t find anything conclusive on any of her social media.
- Marital Status / Married? : Yes
- Children / No of Kids : 1
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : White
- Nationality : American