Biography Profile / Wikipedia Information
- Betsy Kling is a weather meteorologist from Ohio, who works at Channel 3 News as the Chief Meteorologist.
- Passionate and dedicated to delivering the very best in weather forecasts, Betsy has pretty much dedicated her entire adult life so far to report on the weather.
Personal Life : Parents & Family Background
- Betsy was born in Northern Ohio and spent most of her early life living there.
- Her mother is a seamstress and she admits that growing up with a mother who made her own clothes made her more fashion savvy and frugal with regards to spending money on clothes.
- She is married to Paul Thomas who was once a reporter for WKYC and together, they have two daughters, Josie and Violette.
- After completing high school at Copley High, Betsy attended Bowling Green State University in Ohio, majoring in Journalism and minoring in Meteorology. She completed her further meteorology studies at the Mississippi State University.
- As a meteorologist, Betsy has worked in Jacksonville, Florida, and Fort Wayne, Indiana but is now currently stationed at Channel 3 news in Ohio.
Awards & Accomplishments :
Betsy has earned herself quite a slew of accolades throughout her career and these include :
- Emmy Award in the News category – Christmas 2012 ‘Twas the Night Before the Blizzard.
- Emmy Award in the Crafts category in 2009 & another award for her coverage of the shuttle tragedy in Columbia in 2003.
- 6 Emmy Award nominations for News and Crafts between the years 2005 and 2012.
- The Ohio Associated Press also awarded Kling first place for Best Regularly Scheduled Weather in 2007.
- Throughout the course of her career, she has continued to shine and climb up the ranks of success, raking in plenty of other accolades from various magazines and organizations that include being accredited by the American Meteorological Society, an accomplishment only very few women in the US can boast.
- She has also been featured in the Cleveland Magazine for her outstanding work, naming her one of the city’s most interesting people in 2010.
Interesting Facts & Trivia :
- During her spare time, Kling loves to stay active and she engages in a wide variety of activities that include fishing and playing tennis with her husband. She has been very vocal about her love for nature and she loves to get outdoors at every chance she gets.
- Betsy is also very active on her social media platforms and enjoys getting feedback from her viewers who often play a role in helping her determine if her fashion is on point or a total miss.
Charity Work :
- Kling is quite the charitable figure and she regularly gives back to the community, be it through attending various speaking events at schools to educate children about the weather or teaming up with the Harvest for Hunger movement to buy meals for underprivileged people in the city.
- She also works with various charities around Cleveland such as the American Red Cross and the Leukemia Lymphoma Society.