Wikipedia Biography / Profile Information
- Sara Shookman is a TV Journalist from Ohio, who works for WKYC Channel 3.
- Talented and hardworking, Shookman has received an Emmy Award for her journalism in 2013 and 2014, and she continues to deliver good quality reporting as part of the team at WYKC Channel 3.
Personal Life : Parents, Family and Education
- Shookman was born on October 10, 1986, to parents Becky and Scott Shookman. She has a sister Kimberly.
- Education : Sara was Valedictorian of her class in high school as well as president of the school Science Club.
- She graduated from Manchester High School in Ohio before moving on to Ohio University where she received a degree in Journalism.
- During her time at Ohio University, she interned at WYKC where she currently works full-time as a journalist.
- In 2017, Sara got married to Angelo DiFranco, a project manager for Harley Davidson Dealer Systems. In May 2020, the couple welcomed a daughter into the world, named Isla Elizabeth Scott DiFranco. In November 2021, Sara revealed that she is pregnant and expecting her second child in June 2022.
TV Career : Job, Net worth & Salary
- Currently, Shookman works at Channel 3 News WKYC as an anchor and journalist. She covers various news bulletins, going beyond local news and delving into national as well as international bulletins.
- One of her biggest career highlights is her coverage of the Winter Olympics, held in Sochi, Russia, in 2014. She was the sole local reporter covering the games and reporting to various outlets, including USA Today.
- Sara began her post-graduate career by working in Athens, Ohio, at WOUB & eventually moved to Knoxville, Tennessee, where she worked at WVLT as both a reporter and a news anchor. She was officially recognized as one of the best television reporters in Tennessee by the Tennessee Associated Press.
- When Ariel Castro was arrested, she covered the story extensively, and through her tenacity and top-notch journalism, the team at WKYC was awarded an Emmy Award for the Best Newscast in 2013. When the team at Channel 3 picked up the same award the following year, she was also working as a journalist for them.
- In addition to being a reporter for Channel 3, in 2015-2016, Sara also hosted a podcast with Danielle Sills, a Channel 3 producer. The podcast was largely centered on culture and news around the city of Cleveland.
- Sara has received much praise from directors and producers alike for her expert journalism, professionalism, and excellent communicating skills. Brennan Donnellan, director of WKYC news, dubbed her the “anchor of the future.”
Fun Facts, Height & Trivia :
- More than just a journalist, Sara is also a writer and is more than capable of shooting her own footage if the situation calls for it. She is also not shy to communicate with viewers via her social media platforms and uses them as a platform to engage and get people talking about news in and around the city and the world.
- She stated on her Twitter profile that she is very happy when she spends time enjoying some local food or in the downward dog position, a nod to her love of local cuisine, nature, and Yoga.
- The Cleveland Magazine recognized Shookman as one of the most interesting people in Cleveland, Ohio, in their January 2014 edition.
Health Update :
- Sara Shookman Illness / Sick : Sara has no major illness or sickness to date and seems to be in good health.