|Personal Information Summary|
|Age / How old / Birthday / Date of Birth / DOB||December 3, 1972. As of 2023, she is around 51 years old.|
|Wedding & Marriage / Husband / Engaged / Spouse||Married twice. She and her first husband, Brian got divorced over personal issues that remain private. Check the full bio for relationship details.|
|Children / No. of Kids||2|
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race||White|
Wikipedia Biography / Profile Background
A bubbly and infectious personality, Hollie Strano is currently a meteorologist at WKYC TV & appears in a couple of weekday and weekend shows for WKYC’s Channel 3 News.
Family Background and Marriage :
- Hollie was born & brought up in Lyndhurst, Cleveland. Her maiden name was Hollie Strano.
- In 2008, she had her first marriage to her high school sweetheart Brian Toohig. The marriage lasted for three years until their heart-breaking divorce in the year 2011. Both of them used to study together at Notre Dame Cathedral Latin School and Walsh Jesuit High School.
- With Brian, Hollie gave birth to two children, named Jessica & Grady, who are aged 17 & 16 respectively (ages as of 2023). Hollie had once quoted “I love what I do for a living, but my absolute favorite job of all time is being a mom! I think Dorothy says it best in The Wizard of Oz that there is no place like home.”
- On June 15, 2014, she got married for a second time to Alex Giangreco. Alex was a mixologist by profession and was originally from Florida. The couple had first met in 2010 in the city of Fort Lauderdale, Florida while Hollie was on a vacation there.
- In May 2017, she shared a message on Twitter that she had once again separated from her second husband Alex & will be taking her maiden name Holly Strano again.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Hollie started her elementary education at Saint Clare Grade School in Cleveland.
- Later, she joined the Notre Dame Cathedral (NDC) High School for completing her senior years.
- Hollie did her under-graduation from John Carroll University, located in University Heights, Ohio. It is a private co-educational Jesuit Catholic University, established in 1886, that specializes in undergraduate and liberal arts studies.
- Following this, she joined Mississippi State University for Agriculture and Applied Sciences. There, she pursued a postgraduate degree in Science with a major in Meteorology.
- After her post-graduation, Hollie was awarded the seal of approval by the prestigious National Weather Association (NWA). NWA is a professional association with an objective to recognize and award talent in operational meteorology and related sub-fields. The seal of approval is regarded as a stamp of guarantee that the awarded candidate is deemed competent at basic meteorology for on-air or live presentations.
TV Career, Job, Salary and Net worth :
- Currently, Hollie is a meteorologist at WKYC-TV, Cleveland. WKYC-TV was established in 1948 and is owned by TEGNA and is affiliated to NBC. It mainly broadcasts news but is also involved in broadcast of Dr. Phil, Entertainment Tonight, Ellen and other programmes.
- Strano does weather forecasting on the show ‘Channel 3 News Today’ which airs at 4:30 AM and runs till 7:00 AM.
- She also co-hosts Channel 3’s ‘Live on Lakeside’ show on weekdays, which airs from 11 AM – 12:30 PM.
- In April 2022, she completed 20 years of working with WKYC.
Interesting Facts, Height and Trivia :
- Hollie and her husband used to share a lot of common interests such as a love for the beach, glip-flops, eating out, and cooking. She especially loves to dig into a good cheeseburger & does not mind the extra hours of sweating in the Gym to burn off the extra calories.
- Her favorite spots for grabbing a cheeseburger are ‘B-Spot’ (her favorite is Thin Lizzy burger), Red the Steakhouse, Urban Farmer, Fahrenheit and the Local Tavern.
- In 2005, Cleveland Magazine had named Hollie in one of their lists – Cleveland’s Most Interesting People.
- She is a huge fan of the professional basketball team Cleveland Cavaliers.
- After contracting COVID-19 in December 2021, Hollie was off the air for a few weeks.
Danielle Serino WKYC :: Wikipedia, Married, Husband, Age, Biography
Abby Ham Husband, WBIR, Bio, Age, Wiki, Baby, Married, WKYC
Sara Shookman Age, Engaged, Husband, Wedding, WKYC, Salary, Wiki
Maureen Kyle Husband, Age, Bio, Wedding, Baby, Wikipedia【 WKYC 】
Lynna Lai WKYC Salary, Age, Wiki Bio, Married Husband, Wedding, Home
Betsy Kling Salary, Husband, Age, Height, Wedding, Family, WKYC Weather
Why doesn’t Hollie EVER give the present temp.during her morning weather report? How hard can it be to let us know what the temp is outside….
Weather graphics ??? I did not see them but I am a guy so my attention is elsewhere 😉
I am glad that Hollie has been off the air lately. I enjoy Dave and Betsy SO MUCH MORE. Why don’t you give her an early retirement and let her go? All she cares about is her clothes. I am sure that she doesn’t buy them. She must be in a deal with a clothing store where she wears them and then the store sells them used. Whatever, I can’t stand her. When she gets back I will be watching Channel 8 news and the weather!
Holly and Betsy are so wonderful to watch! Both are beautiful and knowledgeable. Thank you.
I too don’t like those women newscasters who wear short-sleeved summer dresses…I call them sausage case dresses. Whatever happened to class? Suits and blazers are so much more respectable. The trend needs to end.
Holly is very pretty. She does not need all that jewelry she wears. She is petite, and the jewelry overwhelms her. My mother always said you should put on your jewelry, and then, take off one piece. (or maybe two…) Check out the girls on the Today Show.
Please stop referring to the work week as Monday through Friday. That’s mamby pamby land for School children. Who would think in today’s world we work Monday through Friday with weekends off?
What ever happened to the woman in the suit.
The men have to wear suits, but the ladies (?) wear street dresses and they do not look professional!!
Im not the only one with this opinion, there are many others!
Pass it around!!
Betsy, I so enjoy watching you. I love seeing what you’re wearing. How you’re wearing your hair & of course the weather. I talk about you like you’re my personal friend. Everyone gets a kick out of it! You go girl!!
Love Holly on air, but I do NOT like the new graphics for the weather forecast. it is so hard to read! The white numbers/letters are hard to see, the 7 day forecast is way too small and the symbols (rain, snow, etc. ) are too small. There is too much white in the whole thing. Also, during the regular news, the time/temperature in the bottom right-hand corner are impossible to see they are so small. Please go back to the former graphics with colors and sizes we could read. I looked at the WKYC website and couldn’t find a way to contact the station with my comments, even the website has changed.
GET RID IF THE NEW WEATHER GRAPHICS, THEY ARE TOO HARD TO READ, WHITE ON YELLOW DOES NOT WORK !
I watch every weekday morning and depend on the time graphic to keep me on schedule, I can’t see it. What is with the beeps and bongs with the new graphics? Your morning show is my favorite seven days a week, please revisit the changes. Thank you.
Holy is fun and energetic. Love her dresses. Also always wanted to ask her about her wardrobe. How about fashion some appropriate weather matching outfits. In the winter time like to see some fashionable and professional winter outfits, not just sleeveless party type dresses. I mean it in nice way. Good luck always, Holly.