Albany Irvin was a popular host working with America’s #1 Shopping Television network QVC (an acronym for Quality Value Convenience) from 2009 – 2016.
She is also a multi-talented personality – A famous corporate speaker, renowned author, host & philanthropist.
Personal Life and Family :
- Albany Irvin was born on September 30th in Louisiana.
- Her academic background was that in science. For her education, she completed Bachelor of Science with specialization in Chemistry & Biology from the Ouachita Baptist University in Arkadelphia, AR.
- Albany’s family comes from an army background, owing to which she had a good exposure of adventure in her early life. Being in the army, her family was transferred to various locations, on account of which she was raised and brought up in a number of different cities of the country.
- During her early academic years, she aspired to attend a dental college.
- She has three kids.
Career, Salary & Net Worth :
- From 2009 – 2016, she was working as a Lead Program Host, Brand Strategist & taking care of sales and marketing at QVC, Inc. in West Chester, PA. QVC is a huge $8.7 billion business with operations in the USA, Japan, and Europe – Germany, UK, Italy, France.
- She has more than two decades of experience in the area of sales, marketing, and brand strategy. Well versed in product development, brand authentication & product marketing, she is exceptionally good with the B2C and B2B sales.
- She has more than thousands of hours experience in live, public speaking and managing unscripted TV events.
- She also worked for trade shows as an independent brand Strategist and public speaker from 1995 to 2009. She was employed with William Homes in Santa Clara, CA as a New Home Sales Manager from 2005 to 2008.
Speaking and Writing Work :
- Albany has participated in various events for keynote speaking engagements. In 2015, she was the keynote speaker for Austin Women Event . She spoke on the matter of work/life balance.
- She has also spoken on the matter of art of storytelling & how to create brand authenticity at “International Housewares” event in 2014.
- Spoke about work – life balance in an over connected society at PA conference for women in 2013.
- She has been spokesperson at number of events such as Liberty Media Investors Conference from 2011 to 2016, Watermark Women’s Conference in 2015, Pennsylvania Conference for Women from 2013-2015.
- Her writings are also featured on various publications. In 2015, her article Fit Gala was published on NYpost.com. An article titled “QVC Host Gives Back” was published in Women’s Business Journal in 2015.
- On Yahoo Finance, her article “QVC expands Reach – Takes on Amazon and other shopping Giants” was published in 2015.
Random & Interesting Facts :
- Albany is affiliated to various Boards and associations such as “Association for Talent Development”.
- Associated with National Speakers Associations as a member.
- She is a popular face and has good fan following on social network sites such as Facebook, Twitter & Myspace.
- Eye Color : Blue
- Hair Color : Red
- Albany Irvin Height : 5′ 8″
- Albany Irvin Feet / Legs / Shoe Size : 7.5
- Pregnant ? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
- Married ? : Yes
- Albany Irvin No. of Kids : 3
- Ethnicity : White
- Nationality : American