Brittany Jeffers is an Emmy award-winning news journalist who has worked in Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Texas.
Early Life and Education :
- Brittany was born and raised in Ogallala, Nebraska.
- Family : She was born to parents – Lisa (mother) and Scott Jeffers (father). She also has two younger brothers named Christopher and John. Her father was a businessman, working in the insurance sector.
- Jeffers graduated from Nebraska-Lincoln University with a degree in Broadcast Journalism. She had several minors, including English, Political Science, and Sociology.
- While in school, Jeffers was involved in many different clubs and organizations. She was involved in the Chancellor’s Leadership Class, the University of Collegiate Scholars, the Young Broadcaster’s Association, as well as a few others. One of those activities was taking part in the campus AV club, Huskervision. With them, she helped film the University’s women’s basketball games and gymnastics competitions.
- During her time at university, she interned at KLKN Channel 8 news in Lincoln, NE.
Brittany Jeffers Married & Personal Life :
- Brittany got married to Charlie Hannema, a sports news reporter, in January 2011.
- The couple moved away from Lincoln in 2011 to accept jobs in Tulsa, at KOKI and KOTV, respectively. The two married soon after, but now seem to have separated.
- Jeffers met her current husband, Andrew Squire while working in Oklahoma at Fox 23.
- Since he lived in Texas, they had a long-distance relationship for a significant amount of time. The couple married in December 2018.
- In December 2019, the couple had their first child, a baby girl named Vivianne Kristine.
Career Timeline, Salary and Net worth :
- Soon after college, Jeffers went on to work full-time at KLKN, in Lincoln, Nebraska, as the morning news anchor.
- She stayed in Nebraska, reporting news for almost two years before moving to Tulsa, Oklahoma. There she obtained a long-term position as an anchor on the Fox 23 news. She started out as a morning reporter but transitioned to being the evening and weekend anchor.
- In 2018, Jeffers moved to Dallas, Texas, where she got a job on CBS 11 as a fill-in anchor and reporter. While working as a reporter in Dallas, Jeffers received an Emmy for her work on the weekend and evening news broadcasts.
Personal Life and Trivia :
- Jeffers participated in beauty pageants early in her career. She won the Miss Nebraska title in 2009. She was also ranked in the top ten women at the Miss America Beauty Pageant.
- A dance enthusiast, Jeffers has been involved with jazz, tap and ballet dance forms since childhood.
- She has a dog that she and her husband have named Millie.
- Her mantra is “a flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms.”