Jenny Anchondo is an Emmy Award-winning news anchor who worked at Fox 4 news network for four years (2013 – early 2018). In addition, she is also a famed podcaster, public orator, literacy campaigner, and humanitarian.
Personal Life : Parents, Family and Education
- Jenny studied journalism and school and community health education at the University of Idaho with the help of a mix of cheerleader & academic work scholarships.
- Anchondo is married to Heath Oakes. The marriage date was June 18, 2016.
- Jenny met her husband at the gym, and the two bonded over discussing college football. They dated thereafter and have been together ever since.
- Heath is the author of the book Ignorance on Fire: A Journey of Failing Your Way to Success. The book tracks his journey from a barely educated young man looking for success to becoming one of the youngest executives in a Fortune 500 company.
- The couple now live along with their young baby girl and a white-furred dog Charley, who is a rescue.
Interesting Facts & Trivia :
- Before becoming a news anchor, Jenny worked as a fitness instructor and personal trainer for more than a decade.
- Her first broadcasting job was a night shift, so she worked 2:30 PM to 11:30 PM and would teach fitness classes in the morning.
- Her main life interests center around family, fitness, and philanthropy.
- She started saving money for her college education right from the 8th grade.
- Unlike most other news anchors and employees in general, Jenny doesn’t like to drink coffee but actually prefers green tea.
- Her work has allowed her to live & travel through different parts of the country – Tucson, Indianapolis, Dallas, and other cities.
Career, Job, Salary & Net worth :
- 2004 – 2005 : Worked for KNDO TV
- 2004 – 2007 : Anchor and Reporter for KNDU TV
- 2007 – 2010 : Reporter / Anchor for WXIN TV
- 2010 – 2013 : Morning Reporter for WXIN TV
Recent Work :
- Currently, Jenny is the Executive Producer and co-host of the Second Shot with Heath Oakes and Jenny Anchondo podcast. Second Shot is an inspirational and motivational show that takes a “second look” at the daily news.
- Moreover, she is the executive producer of Second Shot Sitdowns, an offshoot of the original show. Here, she conducts detailed interviews with people who have taken a second shot at life. With more than 160 episodes and thousands of downloads, the show has managed to attract a dedicated audience in the business / motivational space.
- Jenny has served on the boards for the Dallas-based organizations like Housing Crisis Center and Leukemia Texas.
- Served as a volunteer for Reading Partners, The Reading Seed, and multiple other literacy-based organizations.
- As someone who struggled with eating disorders for over ten years, Jenny is an outspoken champion of solutions for eating issues and disorders.
Jenny Anchondo Measurements :
- Eye Color : Green
- Haircut / Hair Color : Brown
- How tall / Height : No confirmed information available.
- Feet / Legs / Boots / Shoe Size : No confirmed information available.
- Pregnant ? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
- Jenny Anchondo Married? : Yes
- Children / No of Kids : 1
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : Hispanic. Member of the National Association of Hispanic Journalists (NAHJ)
- Nationality : American