Wikipedia Biography / Profile Background
Cara Sapida is an American journalist, who works as a television news reporter at WPXI-TV.
Personal Life : Parents, Family and Education
- Cara Rae Sapida was born on November 13, 1981, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Her mother, Andi Sapida, was the vice-president of John’s Leader Drug pharmacy in Turtle Creek, Pennsylvania, where Cara was raised. Cara grew up very close to her mother and to her late grandmother, Audrey Sapida.
- Cara attended the Woodland High School in Churchill, Pennsylvania, just outside Pittsburgh.
- After graduating from Woodland High, Cara went on to study at the Ohio University’s E.W. Scripps School of Journalism in Athens, Ohio, where she achieved a journalism degree with a minor in French and political science.
- Cara is married to Scott Moffat. She has two children with Scott: a son, Greyson Moffat, who is four years old, and a daughter, Lilah Moffat, who is two years old.
- In June 2020, Cara revealed that she had been given an invasive breast cancer diagnosis and she is currently going through chemotherapy treatment.
- Due to the COVID19 pandemic, Cara was unable to go to work while she was receiving chemotherapy treatment, and she also doesn’t qualify for benefits as she was working part-time before that. A successful crowdfunding effort was made to help her with her huge medical bills.
- Currently, Sapida resides with her family in Bethel Park, Pennsylvania.
Career, Job, Salary and Net Worth :
- Cara began her career in broadcast journalism as a reporter and anchor for WOUB-TV in Athens, Ohio, where she was attending university.
- Following that, she worked for WHAG-TV in Hagerstown, Maryland. She was there from September 2004 until December 2006.
- In January 2007, Cara relocated to Florida, where she started working for NBC 2 in Fort Myers as an anchor and reporter. She was there until December 2009.
- Since May 2010, Cara has been working at WPXI-TV in her hometown of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, as a television news reporter.
Interesting Facts, Height and Trivia :
- Cara is very passionate about cooking and it’s one of her favorite ways to spend her free time. Baking is also one of her many skills, and she was a participant in the 2010 Pillsbury Bake-Off.
- She credits her late grandmother Audrey Sapida with instilling a love for cooking and baking in her since she was a child. Through her university years, Cara made lots of banana bread and various types of cake.
- In 2015, Cara was on assignment for WPXI-TV with her cameraman Dave Clark when they were approached by a man who immediately went into overdose next to them. Dave Clark applied first aid to the man while Cara was in charge of calling the emergency services.
- Cara has received several news awards for her reporting, such as an AP award for her tornado coverage, as well as the Edward R. Murrow award for Best Feature Story.
- She has stated that she puts everything in her Google calendar to help her juggle her work with her family life.
Valerie Smock Wiki Bio, Age Birthday, Husband Wedding, Height, WNEP
Monica Morales Wikipedia, PIX11 Wiki, Age, Bio, Married, Husband
Katherine Amenta Age, Married, Engaged, Bio, Wiki, Family, WPXI
Lisa Mateo Wikipedia Bio, Husband, Age, Salary, Married, WPIX, Boots
Penny Finnegan Age, Birthday, Husband, Salary, Wiki, Bio【 WPXI 】
Trisha Pittman WPXI, Age, Husband, Santelli, Married, Bio【 Photos 】
Meteorologist Joe Cioffi Wikipedia, Age, Biography, Wife, Married, Bio