Wikipedia Biography / Profile Background
- Penny Finnegan is well-known as an anchor working at Channel 11 News. Usually, she’s live starting from noon and then later at 5 p.m.
- Finnegan holds the record of being a part of the longest-running news anchor team in Pittsburgh along with David Johnson.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Penny Finnegan was born on February 14, 1961, and grew up in suburban Chicago with her six other siblings.
- Currently, she resides with her family in Wexford, a community in the north of Pittsburgh.
- In 1982, Penny graduated from Marquette University with a Bachelor of Arts in Broadcast Communications.
- She met her husband, Michael Donnelley after she had moved to Pittsburgh. The couple married on June 8, 1990, and they have four kids together, two sons and two daughters. Michael Sean being their oldest and then Maura, Shannon, and Ryan Donnelley.
- Her husband, Michael, is currently the Senior Vice President and Portfolio Manager, Equities at CS McKee Investment Managers. Before joining here, he had his own firm, which he founded in 2013. Michael is a graduate of Georgetown University and then the University of Virginia and holds an M.B.A along with completing his Chartered Financial Analyst studies.
- Peggy is a breast cancer survivor and talks at many different organizations about the importance of early detection. She also talks about regular mammograms and self-examinations and counsels women about the disease informally.
Career, Job, Salary and Net Worth :
- Peggy started her career working for WTTB Radio at Vero Beach, Florida. She then moved on to reporting and anchoring for WREX-TV in Rockford, Illinois, and then at WIXT-TV in Syracuse, New York, which led her to Pittsburgh.
- In 1989, she started working for WPXI-TV and has been working there ever since for the last 30 years. In her time there, she won various awards for her work, including the prestigious Carlow College Women of Spirit Award.
- She has also won the 1997 Leadership Award in Communications from the YWCA of Greater Pittsburgh, the Courageous Woman Award from Mom’s House, and the Source of Life Award from Magee Women’s Hospital.
- Both Finnegan and her husband are involved in various charities, including Mother’s Hope, Angel’s Place, Family Resources, and Presents for Patients. They are also involved with charities in Western Pennsylvania.
- In 2015, the Western Pennsylvania Press Club awarded both Peggy and her co-anchor David Johnson for their lifetime achievements in the journalism field with the President’s Award. In 2016, they were bestowed by the Pennsylvania Association of Broadcasters (PAB), the award of ‘Broadcasters of the Year.’ The title was always given to one person before this, and this was the first time that two journalists got it together.
- Peggy was on staff while Channel 11 grew from a distant third in the market to the successful newscast it is today. She is also proud of being a part of the longest-running anchor team in Pittsburgh.
Interesting Facts and Trivia :
- Peggy loves to work in her garden and proudly posts photos of her garden on social media. Her latest photo showed old-fashioned Bleeding Hearts, to English Bluebells, Lilies of the Valley, Painted Ferns and Dogwood blooming in her yard.
Personal / Home / Contact Details
- Penny Finnegan Married? : Yes
- Children / No. of Kids : 4
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : White
- Nationality : American
Cara Sapida Age, Married, Husband, Wedding【 Wiki Bio 】WPXI
Valerie Smock Wiki Bio, Age Birthday, Husband Wedding, Height, WNEP
Monica Morales Wikipedia, PIX11 Wiki, Age, Bio, Married, Husband
Katherine Amenta Age, Married, Engaged, Bio, Wiki, Family, WPXI
Lisa Mateo Wikipedia Bio, Husband, Age, Salary, Married, WPIX, Boots
Trisha Pittman WPXI, Age, Husband, Santelli, Married, Bio【 Photos 】
Meteorologist Joe Cioffi Wikipedia, Age, Biography, Wife, Married, Bio