The three times Emmy nominated journalist Monica Morales has been a familiar face of PIX11 for well over a decade. Quite active in her local community in New York, she has also represented the Latin American population by leading the Hispanic Day Parade.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Monica is of mixed heritage. Her mother, Maria Teresa Morales, is from Bolivia and her father, Rolf Auster, is from Norway, they both still live in Miami.
- The American born journalist is fluent in Spanish along with English.
- She grew up in Florida, where she earned a Bachelor of Science in Broadcast Journalism and Psychology from The University of Miami.
- Monica has also studied Telecommunications and TV Production at the University of Florida School of Journalism and Communication.
Monica Morales Married Life :
- In November 2011, Monica married her boyfriend, Robert Mayer, at the St. Patrick’s Cathedral in New York. Robert is a professional photographer specializing in celebrity profiles and hip-hop shots.
- She met Robert for the first time in 2007. However, they didn’t exchange contacts, and it was about a year later when they met by chance outside of Bloomingdales in New York.
- Apparently, they went for coffee at Starbucks, and Monica handed over her business card. A little slow on the uptake, Monica says that Robert didn’t pick up on her hints, but a few months later, they bumped into each other at a party & again went for coffee.
- From then, the couple had been dating and moved in together in Eastside Brooklyn, New York.
Career, Income, Salary and Net Worth :
- Monica’s reporting career has taken her across the country – Reporting for CNN (Atlanta), NBC (Miami), Fox News (Boston) & CBS (Milwaukee).
- She became a well-known face on WNBC Channel 4, where she joined as a General Assignments Reporter in August 2004. She stayed with the station for nearly five and a half years, until December 2009 covering breaking news & local stories from New York City to Westchester.
- In August 2009, Monica joined the news team at PIX11 TV Channel 11 where she continued to work as a general assignments reporter as well as an anchor on the evening and morning news.
- She also presents her own segment on the network titled ‘Monica Is Making It Happen.’
Interesting Facts and Trivia :
- In nearly a decade of working for PIX11, Monica has received and been nominated for various awards. In 2016 she was on the team that won an Emmy for “Best Breaking News” & also an Emmy award for “Best Live Reporter.”
- In her personal life, she has earned a ‘Circle of Giving’ award from the New York Foundation of Senior Citizens, a Casita Maria Special Appreciation Award from the Hispanic community, and an award from the Catholic Committee on Radio and TV.
- Monica uses her mother’s maiden name as her professional name but her legal surname, before she got married, was her father’s.
- Marital Status / Married? : Yes
- Children / No of Kids : 2
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : Mixed
- Nationality : American