Trisha Pittman is a news and traffic reporter for the WXPI Network and has been with them since 2001.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Trisha was born in 1977, in Lehigh Valley in Pennsylvania.
- Her family also includes an older sister. Her parents worked very hard for everything they were able to provide for her sister and herself.
- During her high school & college days, she worked at GAP Kids.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Wanting to stay somewhat close to her home, she accepted an offer from Bloomsburg University after her high school graduation.
- Initially unsure of what she wanted to study, she settled on journalism.
- In 1999, she graduated from Bloomsburg University with a Bachelor of Arts and Mass Communications, and a concentrated major in Broadcast Journalism.
Interesting Facts and Trivia :
- Trisha met her husband, Kevin Sanelli, during her time in Pittsburgh. She now lives in the suburb of Sewickley, Pittsburgh, with her husband and her son Quinn.
- An avid animal rights supporter, Trisha has four dogs, all of which she adopted from local shelters.
- To clear her mind after a week of work, she states that she runs at least 5 miles every Saturday morning.
- When she was 10, Trisha wanted to be a painter or an artist.
- A big music fan, she enjoys artists like Michael Buble, Toby Keith, and Trace Adkins. She has said the first concert she ever saw was The Beach Boys as a teenager at the Allentown Fair.
- ‘Mugs’ was her childhood nickname, and the first job she held was at GAP Kids!
Career, Job, Salary and Net Worth :
- Trisha’s first job out of University was with the WAEB and WZZO Radio Station in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
- From there, she worked on both TV & Radio for the KDKA-TV network in Pittsburgh.
- Her job across all previous roles centered on her providing traffic advice in the mornings, and she became known as the ‘most dependable voice in Pennsylvania.’
- In October of 2002, she landed a role with Channel 11 as their lead traffic anchor for their Morning News.
- As of 2018, she is still in that role and appears on the morning program every weekday from 4.30 am to 7 am.
Working at WPXI :
- Trisha has praised the Channel 11 team & has stated that she loves it there as it is a family-like environment.
- She has also stated that in the future, she would consider giving up her traffic-reporting role if it meant she could report on sports. As a big sporting fan, she particularly loves football.