Katherine Amenta is the co-anchor of Pittsburgh’s top-rated morning news show, The Channel 11 Morning News on WPXI.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Amenta was born in Philadelphia.
- Her grandmother, celebrated her birthday on St. Patrick’s Day, while her grandfather served as an army doctor, caring for troops in Germany post-World War II. Katherine also has a brother named Peter Amenta.
- She now lives in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and believes it’s the perfect city for her. She is a big fan of the sports team Pittsburgh Pirates, and feels lucky to have many family and friends nearby.
- She comes from a large family of Italian heritage, and has a sibling named Peter Amenta. She became an aunt in 2014, and often shares photos of her nephew on social media, being very fond of him.
- In 2015 her father joined WXPI Snow Patrol in Boston, to her excitement.
- She is good friends with her colleagues.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Katherine grew up in West Windsor, New Jersey, and spent her summers by the shore in Ocean City.
- She studied in WWP High School in New Jersey.
- She graduated from Villanova University (2000-2004) with a B.A. in Communication & Journalism.
Career, Job, Salary and Net Worth :
- Katherine started her TV career as an associate producer at Comcast Sports Net in Philadelphia, and was also as an anchor/reporter at WMDT in Salisbury, MD
- Before joining WPXI, she was a morning news anchor at News Channel 8 in Washington D.C.
- In April 2016, the Channel 11 Morning News earned the highest ratings of any morning news in the country.
Awards and Recognition :
- Katherine’s enterprising & investigative reporting received numerous Pennsylvania Emmy nominations.
- She is a frequent winner of Maryland Associated Press awards.
- In 2015, she and her morning team won the Mid-Atlantic Emmy, Spot News Coverage award for their coverage of the Franklin Regional High School stabbings.
Interesting Facts, Height and Trivia :
- Katherine enjoys watching movies, works out, and loves to spend time with her family.
- She worked as a Mickey Mouse on the Ocean City Boardwalk for three seasons!
- Amenta is one of the youngest people in the WPXI studio.
- Once, she and Brittny McGraw showed up at work on Friday morning in the same dress. Both made light of the fashion faux pas on their Facebook pages. “#ThankGoodness4Blazers,” Amenta joked in her post. McGraw put on a cream-colored blazer to camouflage the “twinsies” moment. Amenta humorously pointed out that the dress was at least three years old!