Carly Agro is a reporter, host, anchor, and on-air personality who works for Sportsnet Central in Canada. Athletic, attractive, and intelligent, Carly is a modern example of having it all!
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Carly was born to parents Charles and Catherine Agro. She was raised in Burlington, Ontario and has an identical twin sister named Charlsie Agro. Carly is older than her twin by 2 minutes.
- Both Carly and Charlsie are reporters and have previously worked together on the News Network. Charlsie currently works at CBC as a reporter.
- Carly revealed in an interview that she was engaged but did not reveal the identity of her fiancée.
- The couple met when they were still in college and have worked, travelled and lived in various cities together throughout the course of their careers.
- Agro received a full Division 1 NCAA scholarship at an American university (University of Maryland at Baltimore County).
- Later, along with her sister she eventually returned to Canada to study new media and journalism at Sheridan College.
Career, Income, Salary & Net Worth :
- After playing soccer for a while, Carly decided to pursue a career in Sports Broadcasting and began working with NBC’s WBAL TV in Baltimore, Maryland.
- After moving back to Canada, Carly began working as a Team Reporter for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. She then moved to Saskatchewan and covered a lot of sports events that included the Calgary Stampede Rodeo, the Alberta Junior Hockey League and Chuck-Wagon racing.
- Carly was called up by the CTV Edmonton team and moved to the West of Canada to cover curling, the Scotties and Brier Tournament of Hearts, the World Junior Hockey Championships and the Edmonton Oilers.
- She eventually relocated to Toronto, where she joined the CBC News Network, working as a reporter and sports host.
- Some of her career highlights include serving as mountainside and rinkside reporter during the Sochi Winter Olympics in 2014 as part of the Hockey Night in Canada team.
- Agro currently works for Sportsnet Central as one of their reporters and anchors.
Life Outside Work :
- When she is not working, Carly is passionate about charity work and is part of the Reach for the Rainbow Charity. As one of their ambassadors, Agro works to help send young disabled girls and boys to camp.
- She is also the ambassador for a nutrition and lifestyle brand called BioSteel.
- During her free time, Carly enjoys playing golf, hiking, running and just staying as active as she possibly can. She is also very serious about yoga.
- Before settling on Sports Broadcasting and Journalism, Carly was interested in pursuing careers in law, politics and veterinary medicine.
- Her favourite sports are baseball, football and hockey and she loves the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.
- She travels a lot because of her work, so she has visited many places in Canada. Her favourite place to visit is St. Johns in Newfoundland. However, she does have a dream of living in Toronto full-time at some point in her life.
- When asked what one finds if they went through her purse, she mentioned green gum. She further stressed that she always makes a point of carrying green gum and is not a big fan of other colours.