Biography Profile / Wikipedia Background
Sophia Jurksztowicz is a Canadian journalist, reporter, host, and producer.
Personal Life : Parents, Family and Education
- Sophia Jurksztowicz was born on October 11th, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, where she was also raised. Her father, Zenon Jurksztowicz, is a retired teacher of mathematics.
- Sophia has four siblings (three brothers and one sister, Lilli Baron) and her parents are Polish. Through her siblings, Sophia is an aunt of several nephews.
- She attended Ryerson University in Toronto from 2005 to 2010. She graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Radio and Television.
- After living in Toronto most of her life, she relocated to the United States in 2019, and currently resides in Boston, Massachusetts.
Work, Career, Salary & Net Worth :
- Sophia was an intern while attending the Ryerson University in Toronto. From September 2007 to April 2009, she was a sports intern at Corus Entertainment. During her internship, she was assigned as a part-time sports reporter to Leafs Lunch and The Bill Watters Show. She was also AM64’s radio channel official reporter in charge of covering the Toronto Rogers Cup tennis tournament. During her time at Corus Entertainment, she also attended NHL and NBA games, and also edited the generated clips.
- She then spent a year on the marketing and promotions team for Mosaic Sales Solutions from 2009 to 2010, where she helped with events for the Budweiser brand.
- In October 2007, Sophia joined theScoreTV as on-air talent, TV personality, and journalist. Her work mostly focused on covering the Toronto Maple Leafs ice hockey team, as well as events surrounding most Toronto sports franchises. She remained at theScoreTV until October 2012.
- From October 2012 to August 2019, Sophia was a host, reporter, journalist, and producer for Sportsnet in Toronto. While at Sportsnet, Sophia ran features and broadcasts, hosted a weekly segment focusing on the off-ice lives of NHL players, and worked as a social media reporter.
- Since August 2019, Sophia has been working for the New England Sports Network (NESN) in Boston, Massachusetts, as a rink-side reporter for the Boston Bruins ice hockey team.
Interesting Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Sophia worked as an au pair in France for a year before attending Ryerson University. This allowed her to become bilingual in English and French, and she approaches French or French Canadian ice hockey players in French, which gives her a different insight.
- She is best friends with Jackie Redmond. The two also hosted a podcast together called ‘Jack & Soph,’ where they talked about sports and many other topics.
- Sophia appeared as a guest on the Puck Soup podcast.
- Her workday usually starts at four AM.
- Sophia is very close to her parents, and frequently attends games with her father, when his health permits.
- Sophia is also close to Katherine Lee, who she describes as her ‘rock’ after being very supportive during a time of great upheavals in Sophia’s life.
- She is super passionate about fitness and does a lot of sports herself.
Body Info / Physical Features
Sophia Jurksztowicz Measurements :
- Sophia Jurksztowicz Eye Color : Light Green
- Hair Color : Brown with blonde streaks
- Height : No confirmed information is available.
- Feet / Legs / Shoe Size : No confirmed information is available.
- Pregnant ? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
- Weight Loss : A few Google queries regarding this, but we couldn’t find anything conclusive on any of her social media.
Personal / Home Details
- Married ? : No
- Children / No of Kids : –
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : White
- Sophia Jurksztowicz Nationality : Canadian