Biography Profile / Wiki Information
- Canadian native Nikki Reyes is a sports reporter for NESN (New England Sports Network), working on prominent programs such as NESN Sports Today and NESN Live.
- With over fifteen years of experience in the broadcasting industry, she also has a love for the film industry & had once hoped to become an actress. Continue reading to know her life story!
Parents, Family Background & Education :
- Nikki Reyes is of Philippine decent & she was raised in Canada.
- After high school, Nikki attended Centennial College of Applied Arts and Technology in Toronto, Canada.
- She obtained a Diploma in Broadcasting and Film.
TV Career, Salary & Net Worth :
- Nikki began her career as an associate producer for Much Music in Toronto, Canada in May 2005.
- While working at Much Music, she also began a job as a host & segment producer in September 2005 for Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment on NBA TV Canada’s program NBA XL.
- In November 2006, Reyes left Much Music but continued working for NBA TV.
- In September 2007, she began working for The Score in The Morning, a five-hour live show base in Toronto, Canada. There, she worked as an anchor, reporter and producer.
- In June 2009, Nikki left The Score and shortly after, in August 2009, she left NBA TV.
- In April 2011, she moved to Las Vegas, Nevada, where she scored two new jobs, the first as a producer for Carafelli Productions and the second as a reporter and senior producer for Top Ranking Boxing. She stayed at both jobs until September 2014, for three and a half years.
- In September 2014, Nikki moved to Watertown, Massachusetts, to work as a weekend anchor and feature reporter for New England Sports Network (NESN). She immediately began working for NESN Sports Today and NESN Live as a replacement for Canadian native Leah Hextall.
- She has also filled in as a rink-side reporter for select games.
- Throughout her career, Nikki has also worked as a field producer for EXTRA and NBC Universal as well as a correspondent for The Fight Network.
Interesting Facts & Trivia :
- After high school, Nikki had moved to the Philippines for a while in hopes of pursuing a career in the film industry as an actress.
- Her career highlight was speaking to Michael Jordan on the red carpet for his birthday celebration in Houston for the 2006 all-star weekend. She was the only reporter that was given the opportunity to do so.
- Nikki considers herself a huge sports fan but had no intention of pursuing sports journalism initially.
- She has travelled extensively, making trips to Dubai, Hong Kong, Colombia and Thailand in the past few years.
- Reyes has spoken about her challenges being a female sports reporter and how she would often have to go out of her way to convince people, including colleagues, coaches and athletes, that she was actually a sports fan. She mentioned that this would never be something a man would have to do.
Body Info / Physical Features
- Eye Color : Brown
- Haircut / Hair Color : Brown
- How tall / Height : No confirmed information available.
- Feet / Legs / Shoe Size : No confirmed information available.
- Pregnant ? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
Personal / Home Details
- Married ? : No confirmed information available.
- Children / Baby / No. of Kids : —
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : Asian
- Nationality : Canadian