Biography Profile / Wiki Information
- Canadian native Nikki Reyes is a sports reporter and journalist. Currently, she is the Co-Host of Raptors Game Day on TSN 1050. Prior to that, she had worked for NESN (New England Sports Network), working on prominent programs such as NESN Sports Today and NESN Live.
- With over fifteen years of experience in the broadcasting industry, she also has a love for the film industry & had once hoped to become an actress. Continue reading to know her life story!
Parents, Family Background & Education :
- Nikki Reyes is of Philippine descent & she was raised in Canada.
- After high school, Nikki attended Centennial College of Applied Arts and Technology in Toronto, Canada.
- She obtained a Diploma in Broadcasting and Film.
TV Career, Salary & Net Worth :
- Nikki began her career as an associate producer for Much Music in Toronto, Canada in May 2005.
- While working at Much Music, she also began a job as a host & segment producer in September 2005 for Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment on NBA TV Canada’s program NBA XL.
- In November 2006, Reyes left Much Music but continued working for NBA TV.
- In September 2007, she began working for The Score in The Morning, a five-hour live show base in Toronto, Canada. There, she worked as an anchor, reporter and producer.
- In June 2009, Nikki left The Score and shortly after, in August 2009, she left NBA TV.
- In April 2011, she moved to Las Vegas, Nevada, where she scored two new jobs, the first as a producer for Carafelli Productions and the second as a reporter and senior producer for Top Ranking Boxing. She stayed at both jobs until September 2014, for three and a half years.
- In September 2014, Nikki moved to Watertown, Massachusetts, to work as a weekend anchor and feature reporter for New England Sports Network (NESN). She immediately began working for NESN Sports Today and NESN Live as a replacement for Canadian native Leah Hextall. She routinely filled in as a rink-side reporter for select games.
- From Sep 2017 to Oct 2020, Reyes worked as an Anchor/Reporter for Sportsnet. Here, she was a live-studio anchor, writing and delivering news along with sports highlights. She also conducted short and long form interviews.
- Throughout her career, Nikki has also worked as a field producer for EXTRA and NBC Universal as well as a correspondent for The Fight Network.
Interesting Facts & Trivia :
- After high school, Nikki had moved to the Philippines for a while in hopes of pursuing a career in the film industry as an actress.
- Her career highlight was speaking to Michael Jordan on the red carpet for his birthday celebration in Houston for the 2006 All-Star Weekend. She was the only reporter that was given the opportunity to do so.
- Nikki considers herself a huge sports fan but had no intention of pursuing sports journalism initially.
- She has travelled extensively, making trips to Dubai, Hong Kong, Colombia and Thailand in the past few years.
- Reyes has spoken about her challenges being a female sports reporter and how she would often have to go out of her way to convince people, including colleagues, coaches and athletes, that she was actually a sports fan. She mentioned that this would never be something a man would have to do.
Body Info / Physical Features
- Eye Color : Brown
- Haircut / Hair Color : Brown
- How tall / Height : No confirmed information available.
- Feet / Legs / Boots / Shoe Size : No confirmed information available.
- Pregnant ? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
Personal / Home Details
- Married ? : No confirmed information available.
- Children / Baby / No. of Kids : —
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : Asian
- Nationality : Canadian