Biography Profile / Background Information
- Carly Zucker is a journalist, radio host, television personality, producer, host and writer.
- In her line of work, she has covered various types of stories such as news, sports, entertainment, and fashion.
- Zucker is the host of “Overtime,” the first woman-led sports talk show on KFAN-TV.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Carly Zucker (née Carly Aplin) is married to professional hockey player Jason Zucker who plays for the team ‘Minnesota Wilds’.
- They married in July 2016.
- She is the mother of three children, her eldest daughter Sophia is 10. Her middle child is 3 years old (both ages as of 2020), and her youngest Stella was born March 27, 2019.
- Carly and her family live in Minnesota.
Early Life & Education :
- Hometown : Carly is originally from St. Cloud, Minessota.
- She obtained her Bachelor in Arts in communication, with a minor in political science, from Gustavus Adolphus College, a private co-educational liberal arts college in Saint Peter, Minnesota.
- While in college, she interned at KEYC-TV, covering news and sports and Fox Sports North, where she covered the Twins and Vikings.
- In 2009, she moved to Los Angeles, California, to study fashion at the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising.
Career, Income, Salary & Net Worth :
- After college, Carly began by covering the news on UTVS and as a reporter on KEYC-TV in Minnesota.
- She worked there for two years before moving to LA to attend FIDM.
- Carly left California and returned to Minnesota for an on-air host position at The CW Twin Cities.
- After working on television for a few years, Carly switched to radio.
- Along with hosting her own shows, she is also a regular guest on other talk shows such as the Power Trip Morning Show.
Life with Hubby Jason :
- Carly’s husband Jason is from Las Vegas, Nevada.
- She and her husband met at a bar during a night out.
- When the couple met, Carly was just getting started in her television career.
- Jason popped the question, asking Carly to marry him, in New Port Beach on a boat while on vacation.
- Today, Carly and her husband are known as a power couple in Minnesota.
- Jason and Carly are philanthropists that believe in charitable work and are not only active in many charitable organizations but have also launched their own such as Minnesota’s Red Dress Collection and the #Give16 campaign, which was launched because of their work with the Minnesota Masonic Children’s Hospital.
Trivia, Height & Interesting Facts :
- Carly loves extreme sports. She admits to loving fashion, food and celebrity culture.
- Carly has emceed Minnesota Bride’s “Best of” Award Ceremony on several occasions and was featured for her own engagement and wedding.
- In 2018, Carly was cyberbullied by a local man who made inappropriate comments and innuendos to her, of which she snapshot and posted on her twitter feed.
- In 2019, her husband Jason, won the NHL’s Humanitarian Award.