Wikipedia Bio / Profile Background
Jamie Hersch, a thin beautiful blonde who loves snow, is a studio host for both the NHL and the MLB.
Personal Life & Family :
- Jamie Hersch grew up in Minnesota raised by her parents – Candy & James Hersch. Along with a love of sports, Jamie also grew up with a love of music, all of which was instilled by her father.
- The singer and songwriter dad encouraged his daughter to sing, as well, and the two of them often performed duets together in their hometown.
- As a child, Jamie was a figure skater & had a lot of friends who played hockey.
- Even now, her love of sports does not disappear when the camera shuts off, and she continues to play them during her free time. She can usually be found running or playing tennis with her husband Matt Burkhard. The couple got married in 2012.
- She also uses her love of sports to support charities, and often plays tennis in support of the domestic violence organization Safe at Home.
Education & College :
- Jamie first decided she wanted to go into sports journalism after growing up watching sports with her family.
- In 2005, she attended the University of Southern California (USC).
- There, she became involved with many on-campus associations, including the Annenberg TW News, where she first began gaining broadcast experience. She also worked in admissions, became a student ambassador, and played intramural volleyball and coached a local team for young girls.
- In 2007, she interned with WCCO-TV, a local station near the university.
- In 2009, she graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in religion and broadcast journalism.
Work : Career, Salary and Net Worth
- In August of 2009, Jamie moved to Madison, Wisconsin, and took a position at WKOW-TV, where she worked as a weekend anchor and a multimedia journalist.
- In January of 2011, she was promoted to a weekend sports anchor and full-time reporter. Her new position allowed her to cover major sports events, such as the 2011 and 2012 Rose Bowl and the Super Bowl XLV.
- In February of 2013, Hersch joined the Fox Sports team as a studio host and sideline reporter, where she covered local hockey and baseball games.
- In September of 2015, she took a second job with the Big Ten Network, a sports network that broadcasts a variety of sporting events. Jamie was a sideline reporter for football and hockey.
- She left both positions in September of 2015.
New Jersey :
- After working in the Midwest for a while, Jamie moved up north to New York and began working for the NHL Network. She currently hosts On the Fly, a post-game recap show, and occasionally hosts NHL Tonight, where she provides analyses of games and players and reports on major hockey events.
- After working for the NHL Network for about a year, she also picked up a job with the MLB Network. There, she hosts Quick Pitch, another post-game recap show, and reports for major baseball events.
Body Info / Physical Features
Jamie Hersch Measurements :
- Eye Color : Blue
- Jamie Hersch Hair Color : Blonde
- How tall / Height : No confirmed information available.
- Feet / Legs / Shoe Size : No confirmed information available.
- Pregnant ? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
Personal / Home Details
- Jamie Hersch Married ? : Yes
- Children / No of Kids : –
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : White
- Nationality : American