Bio Profile / Wiki Background
- Tracey Myers is a sports writer, who writes & comments for NHL (dot) com, mainly for the Central Division teams.
- She was a writer for the Chicago Blackhawks & covered the team during the 2010-2011 seasons. She has written and contributed to a number of Blackhawk’s TV broadcasts.
Early Life & Family :
- Tracey grew up in a small town of Johnsonburg, Pennsylvania, with a population of just 2000 people. Currently, she is living her dream in the big city of Chicago.
- Tracey’s interest in sports began when she was still a young girl and at the age of about nine years, she admired and looked up to Jessica Savitch who used to report for NBC back in the day.
- She has always been a sports girl and while in high school, she played tennis.
- Tracey was quiet a shy girl, an aspect which most people who know her now would find it hard to believe. Because of this, she figured she would do best being behind the scenes of broadcasting but as fate would have it, she is now quite the opposite and works for NHL TV network.
Education & College :
- Tracey is an alumnus of Saint Bonaventure University located in Chicago, Illinois.
- She enrolled at the University in 1991 & graduated in 1995 with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Mass Communication, Journalism.
Career, Income, Salary & Net Worth :
- Tracey’s career started while she was still in college, where she co-hosted a radio show for one semester & during the summer of her junior & senior years, she interned with Syracuse Herald- Journal and afternoon newspaper.
- After college, she started her full-time career around September 1999 where she went in to work with Fort Worth Star – Telegram as a Sportswriter up until September of 2010.
- While there, she covered an array of events for Dallas Mavericks and Texas Rangers. She even covered high school sports for Texas Christian University and the Dallas Star beats. She also covered the Bryson Nelson golf Tournaments during this period.
- From Fort Worth, Texas, Tracey joined CSNChicago, currently known as NBC Sports Chicago, in September 2010 to work as the Digital sportswriter. She covered hockey games and even did videos of her interacting with the players throughout the season.
- In December 2017, she joined NHL as their Regional writer.
Fun Facts, Height & Trivia :
- When Tracey is not working, she loves to spend time with her friends and family. She also loves to travel to new places while trying out new restaurants and taking amateur pictures while at it.
- Tracey loves wine and yoga. In school, her favorite subject was English and she has always loved to write.
- Like most other reporters, she was extremely nervous about her first time in the locker room but with time she has gotten used to being around the players and covering their stories.