Bio Profile / Wikipedia Information
Jackie Redmond is a well recognized Canadian sports & news anchor, reporter and producer.
Personal Life : Family Background & Education
- Jackie Redmond was born on April 12, 1987. She grew up in Toronto, Canada and has loved sports all her life.
- Her favorite sport is hockey, which she played since she was very young. She is also a big fan of baseball and basketball.
- Jackie’s father Steve was a sportsman & one of her biggest supporters. She also has a sister who is now married & also played hockey in her younger days.
- All of Jackie’s education was done in Canada. She attended University of Guelph-Humber in 2006 and graduated with a BA in Media Studies & a Journalism Diploma in 2010.
- In her personal life, she says that she is quite shy, especially in large groups.
Job, Salary and Net Worth :
- After graduating, Redmond worked as in intern for Entertainment Tonight Canada for four months.
- Jackie then went on to win the Gillette Drafted: The Search for Canada’s Next Sportscaster Season 3 – in 2011. She was also the first female to win the contest.
- Post that she started working for Rogers Media’s Sportsnet.
- Jackie’s work in Sportsnet includes hosting the daily sports show Live@theScore with co-host Cam Stewart, covering the NHL Playoffs for Hockey Central Playoff extra with co-host Brad May, hosting the WWE Experience, WWE Aftermath, WWE Ask the Ref, and also NCAA Hockey Broadcasts (WCHA).
- Her most recent accomplishment was landing a contract to host on NHL and the MLB Network.
- In 2017, Jackie was the cover of ‘On the Go’ magazine which is said to be Toronto’s favorite commuter magazine. She appeared in the magazine talking about “WWE, Misplays, Karma and Life!”
Life Outside Work :
- Jackie loves karaoke (even on dates) & especially likes to rap, whenever the occasion presents itself.
- As a child, Jackie let go off figure skating to focus on hockey!
- She regards the Gillette Drafted contest as one of her most nerve wracking & exciting time for her.